Crystal Palace Beach Day

kevinsmom

hi,

i am going on the RCL Explorer on Aug 21 st. i just got my reservation number today and i went to book the crystal palace beach day and i don't see it listed when i look under my specific itinerary. i see it as an excursion of the nassau port, but for some reason it is not under it when i try to book. has anyone gone on the explorer recently and been able to do that excursion? it looked really cool, and something fun to do w/my 2 1/2 yr old son. does anyone know of any other hotels that let you come for a few hours to use their facilities, that maybe i can book independently? or did anyone do the Crystal Palace independently? any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

gina

We were on the Sovereign in April and we took a #10 jitney bus for $1 over to the Crystal Palace (Wyndham). We then walked through the hotel to the pool area and over to the beach area to the right of the hotel where there is a strip of beach in back of all the hotels. There is a snack bar/restaurants and shops there. After a couple hours, we took the #10 bus back to the straw market.

Across the street from the Wyndham is another smaller, less crowded Straw Market. I wouldn't pay what the cruise ship is asking for this excursion, when you can hop on a bus. However, we didn't use the pool since we didn't have a pass. ;)

We were there this past Saturday, July 16, and took the #10 bus as well.

Walked thru the lobby, used the restrooms, walked straight to the beach and found two padded chaise loungers on the pier dock on the beach and had a wonderful afternoon.

Had lunch by the pool and no one asked where we were from.

Took the #10 back to the cruise dock.

There were three weddings groups taking pictures on the grounds and even got caught in traffic in Nassau for a funeral that had a marching band, etc.

It was quite a day in Nassau!!

Archived