Freedom ..

tvan76

My family of 7 is booked for our first cruise ever on the Feb.8/14 Freedom (East Caribbean) sailing from Ft.Lauderdale .. I have been trying to find recent reviews of this exact cruise and can't find any .. Can someone please direct me? It must be recent reviews .. Thanks so much !!

We are going to be on this cruise. We picked it because there are two ports we have never been to. I've been to Nassau several times, not a huge fan. I might stay on ship that day. St Thomas is one of my favorite ports. It is a friendly beautiful island. Great snorkeling. Beautiful beaches.

See you on the Freedom in a few months!

I saw the Carnival Freedom reviews for Eastern Caribbean but there aren't very many recent reviews for ports St.Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau .. Mostly Jamaica, etc ... I guess I will keep searching .. :)

If you are looking for ports, any ship review will have information.

Is the cruise exactly the same regardless of ports? I am obviously a newbie at all of this and have no clue .. The staff, activities, food, etc are all the same on every ship regardless of ports? The staff that works on the Freedom is the same no matter what the ports are? I ask this because the reviews I have read, some people thought the cruise was horrendous, the staff was rude, food awful, not enough activities, etc .. then there are other reviews that are nothing but raves about the whole experience .. Confused! IF the ship has the exact same staff, activites, etc., how can there be such differences in opinion about the exact same thing? Stupid question?

Edited by tvan76

Is the cruise exactly the same regardless of ports? I am obviously a newbie at all of this and have no clue .. The staff, activities, food, etc are all the same on every ship regardless of ports? The staff that works on the Freedom is the same no matter what the ports are? I ask this because the reviews I have read, some people thought the cruise was horrendous, the staff was rude, food awful, not enough activities, etc .. then there are other reviews that are nothing but raves about the whole experience .. Confused! IF the ship has the exact same staff, activites, etc., how can there be such differences in opinion about the exact same thing? Stupid question?

Some people live to complain - about everything and everyone. Hence the bad reviews. Others go and are determined to have a good time, and they do. You make your own reality by the way you chose to let everything effect you. :) If you are determined to to have a great cruise, i am sure that you will. I am personally looking foward to being on the Freedom next September :D

Not a stupid question at all. Put a steak in front of several people, then you'll hear it's tough, it's over cooked, it's undercooked, it's flavorless, it's perfect.

I thought maybe if the ports of call were different, so was the staff, etc .. :) .. I am not going to be one of those people who complain about everything .. I am going to enjoy this time with my family .. :)

We did this cruise in March (spring break) if you have questions I can try and answer for you. We had a GREAT time - thought the crew was fabulous, the food was great, loved the ports, etc etc. - i'm sure there were people on my cruise who had a terrible time!!! Just like others have said, it's all about attitude. :)

Not a stupid question at all. Put a steak in front of several people, then you'll hear it's tough, it's over cooked, it's undercooked, it's flavorless, it's perfect.

You are 100% correct. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really believe that a successful (and fun) vacation depends largely on your attitude and your ability to roll with the waves. Go in with a spirit of adventure, and you'll have a great time.