Ship to airport boarding in Tahiti

rhsjr

Same thing state side, though you can present a boarding pass at the gate state side whereas in Tahiti no ..........

It's to allow enough time for proper security of checked bags. It isn't up to the airline but the security team at the airport. Just sayin' ..... it has happened where the checkin line has closed, don't know if people were in line.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my husband and I are thinking about taking the same cruise. I asked my TA about getting off the ship the last night (Sat.) and flying home. She said that it is not likely we will be allowed off the ship early. I find this hard to believe but don't want to risk missing the flight because we're not able to disembark early. Has anyone done this on Princess?

My travel agent got written approval for us to disembark the night before the cruise ends. On my cruise personalizer the sailing shows as 9 nights instead of 10. Since we will be in Papeete for 3 nights before the cruise we decided to just head home.

Hi, my husband and I are thinking about taking the same cruise. I asked my TA about getting off the ship the last night (Sat.) and flying home. She said that it is not likely we will be allowed off the ship early. I find this hard to believe but don't want to risk missing the flight because we're not able to disembark early. Has anyone done this on Princess?

I haven't done it myself but was having dinner with someone when they were called to go to the airport by taxi--this was the night before

Our last trip there with Princess we left about 4:30 am to go to the airport for a Air France flight to LAX--they told us they would arrange a ride for us--THEY DIDN'T--since I didn't trust it to happen I had set up a ride for us THANK GOODNESS--no problem getting off the ship --need to keep your luggage with you! Don't worry--have fun and make sure that YOU have made arrangements for yourself.

Nancy:D:D

I haven't done it myself but was having dinner with someone when they were called to go to the airport by taxi--this was the night before

Our last trip there with Princess we left about 4:30 am to go to the airport for a Air France flight to LAX--they told us they would arrange a ride for us--THEY DIDN'T--since I didn't trust it to happen I had set up a ride for us THANK GOODNESS--no problem getting off the ship --need to keep your luggage with you! Don't worry--have fun and make sure that YOU have made arrangements for yourself.

Nancy - did you prearrange the ride to the airport online? I ask because we will be getting an early flight as well and want to set up transportation before we leave home rather than depend on the ship or group transportation. If you did set it up, would you share the info about who you used?

Liz

Nancy - did you prearrange the ride to the airport online? I ask because we will be getting an early flight as well and want to set up transportation before we leave home rather than depend on the ship or group transportation. If you did set it up, would you share the info about who you used?

Liz

No--I arranged it aboard ship---got the ipad and the iphone working--EASY.

Also I arranged for transportation with the desk --they said it would be arranged by them for a few of us--NO SHOW--thankful I made arrangements on my own.--If all else fails --when you walk off the ship and get to where luggage is held--go to the street on your right--usually you can hail a cab over there.. Don't give up !!

Edited by Seal