Back from the Breeze, a few thoughts

PaddleAddict

Don't get me wrong. The food in the MDR was fine. Nothing spectacular, but totally fine. It was more the atmosphere that seemed different to me. Fewer staff members, louder, busier, less fancy that in past years. If I was feeling good I'm sure we would have eaten there again, but since I wasn't eating much anyway we just didn't feel the urge to go back on this cruise. And this is from a die-hard MDR patron. That's the only place we usually eat on a cruise unless we do a specialty restaurant.

Great feedback... I hope I didn't offend with my comment. I didn't mean to.

Oh no, not at all! I just realized that maybe my original post made it sound like the MDR was terrible, which is wasn't. It just isn't what I have been used in past years.

Only 20? I probably ate double that on our eight day Breeze cruise back in October. :D

Shhh, don't tell anyone...I took an empty plastic container and brought cookies home with me. They are in the freezer. So yummy!!!

Where can I find these cookies? My son loves Choc Chip. We sail in 33 more days!

OP, glad you enjoyed your cruise, despite the seasickness! And thank you for the review :)

I've been reading about that "smell" since the Dream was introduced. Has anyone ever ascertained where it is coming from and why it is plaguing this class of ships? Just curious.

It's not just the Dream class ships. Probably the worst I ever experienced was on the Ecstasy. I think it has something to do with the movement of the ship and when there is too much movement the P traps empty and allow sewage gases to escape from the drains.

One of the 1st things I do when I get to my cabin is to run water in the sink and shower and pour a couple of glasses of water down the floor drain.

Where can I find these cookies? My son loves Choc Chip. We sail in 33 more days!

The chocolate chip cookies are available in the buffet for lunch and dinner, although you won't find the chocolate chip variety always available (I usually found it when I was looking though). You can also order them through room service 24 hours a day.