Setting up onboard accounts for other cabins

DKJ

Should be no problem - we did a family vacation a few years ago and my mom insisted that her credit card was used for all cabins. Easiest way will be to check in together and give them your credit card for all cabin charges.

Is it possible for me to use my credit card to set up another passengers onboard account that's in a different cabin?

We always sail in multiple cabins as a family and it isn't a problem - just do this when you check-in - I haven't seen anything with NCL where this can be setup prior to arrival at the dock - but I might have just missed it. Each passenger will be tied to a CC, so just be clear who all you need wrapped up under the same card and you should be good to go.

Last year we traveled with family and split our cabins up and it wasn't a problem at all to have passengers in the same cabin tied to different charge accounts that were not booked in the cabin

We always sail in multiple cabins as a family and it isn't a problem - just do this when you check-in - I haven't seen anything with NCL where this can be setup prior to arrival at the dock - but I might have just missed it.

On NCL it's only possible to set up the accounts in person, not in advance, so you have not missed anything. :)

Word of advice. If one person plans to pay the charges for any others, one other cabin or more than one other cabin, and if anyone may want UBP, the person paying should use a different credit card for each cabin. This way, only the people in the same cabin will be affected by the UBP rule that all on the same payment method must take the UBP. Otherwise you could have the 30 something couple taking and using the UBP, but the Mom & Pop who don't drink as much, being forced to take the UBP as well.