Have you been offered an upgrade from Celebrity

ForeverAtSea

Never been offered an upgrade on Celebrity, but did receive one on Royal a number of years ago. They actually never told us ahead of time or at check in, so we went to our original cabin and key card did not work. Went to concierge and then found out. A nice offer just the same.

Some upgrades I would not want depending on the cabin I originally booked. :)

Edited by shipshape sam

we were upgraded for free on our first ever celebrity cruise - we booked a guarantee balcony and was assigned an obstructed view on deck 6. a week before we sailed we noticed the cabin number had changed and were in a side hump on deck 7 - we were never called, it just changed when we went to print the papers

it has never happened again and we have sailed with them 9 times

• 2 weeks later...
Out of all our cruises we have only been upgraded once and that was on HAL. The room was nice. I liked the double sinks in the bathroom. That being said I wanted the room we booked. We were not told until we checked in at the pier. HAL told us no we could not have the rooms we booked. Never went back to HAL. We have 65 nights with HAL. When we cruise we book the rooms we want. It is not as much about cost as it is about location on the ship. On Celebrity we book center aft just below the Oceanview café. If they would upgrade us on a S Class ship down one floor to Deck 11 Penthouse it might be ok if we were still center aft. But if it was on a M Class ship upgraded down to deck 6 Penthouse I would be very unhappy. Richard

You should have had your HAL booking marked no to upgrade, then they wouldn't have moved you. I don't know if you booked that HAL cruise with a TA or thru the CL but if you ask to have your booking marked NO to upgrade movement, they will not change your cabin. I have sailed with HAL too many cruises to count and never had our cabin changed on us because we have our booking marked NO.