Just out of interest....

Cashew14

One of my main pleasures of taking a cruise is to relax. It is unfortunate on a seven day cruise that the first day is occupied with the checking in process, waiting for luggage, unpacking and getting settled. The last day is basically get your stuff and go before breakfast. so it is really a five day cruise. to have those days compromised by trying to race to the ship is unthinkable. So I would also add, change your plans, or someone else's plans, to get there a day early and enjoy your trip.

We have flown in the day of a few times and I would only do it with a direct flight...and I wasn't relaxed at all until we walked off the plane in FLL. Now we fly in the day/night before and I'm relaxed and my vacation starts as soon as I'm in my seat on the plane at BWI (Baltimore).

Sent from my iPad

In March this year, as we were checking into our hotel late in the afternoon, a very forlorn young couple was standing in the lobby. Their flight had been delayed because of weather and they had arrived in FLL shortly after their ship departed. The couple, in their early twenties, learned a very expensive lesson. Even if they could have made arrangements to catch up to the cruise at the first stop, they didn't have the funds to fly there. I suspect that they had opted to fly in that day to save the cost of a night's hotel, but it ended up costing them so much more. We felt so sorry for them...

...someone flying into FLL at 1:54 pm...What are your thoughts on this?....

For me, this is really pushing it.

I commonly fly into Ft. Lauderdale, Seattle, or Vancouver the same day as a cruise. I schedule to arrive in the morning and check to insure a later flight exists that could get me there in time, if necessary.

I also usually buy a HAL transfer to the ship and then don't worry about luggage. I have never had a problem.

Scott & Karen

If you totally remove the 1st day from the cruise and the disembarkation, you still get 6 full days.

A seven day cruise works like this unless I am missing something.

Day 1 - check in sometime in the afternoon, get settled and await luggage (Partial Day)

Day 2 - Full cruise day (1)

Day 3 - Full cruise day (2)

Day 4 - Full cruise day (3)

Day 5 - Full cruise day (4)

Day 6 - Full cruise day Pack everything up (5)

Day 7 - Check out before or after breakfast (Partial day)

Yes, you are missing something. You left out a day. A 7-night cruise works like this on HAL (for example purposes I have used a Saturday to Saturday cruise) :

1) Saturday - Embark, Nice Lunch and Unpack - Full Cruise Evening

2) Sunday - Full Cruise Day

3) Monday - Full Cruise Day

4) Tuesday - Full Cruise Day

5) Wednesday - Full Cruise Day

6) Thursday - Full Cruise Day

7) Friday - Full Cruise Day and Evening Pack

8) Saturday - Breakfast and disembark

Remember, we are now going into winter...our last trip to Florida was in a February... SJC to LAX to FLL...all mild winter areas, right? A huge snowstorm in Chicago fouled up the entire country's schedule and we were stuck in LAX for 12 hours. Instead of arriving at FLL in the evening we got there the next morning. We try to always build a cushion into our travel plans.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

A seven day cruise works like this unless I am missing something.

Day 1 - check in sometime in the afternoon, get settled and await luggage (Partial Day)

Day 2 - Full cruise day (1)

Day 3 - Full cruise day (2)

Day 4 - Full cruise day (3)

Day 5 - Full cruise day (4)

Day 6 - Full cruise day Pack everything up (5)

Day 7 - Check out before or after breakfast (Partial day)

Yes, you are missing something. You left out a day. A 7-night cruise works like this on HAL (for example purposes I have used a Saturday to Saturday cruise) :

1) Saturday - Embark, Nice Lunch and Unpack - Full Cruise Evening

2) Sunday - Full Cruise Day

3) Monday - Full Cruise Day

4) Tuesday - Full Cruise Day

5) Wednesday - Full Cruise Day

6) Thursday - Full Cruise Day

7) Friday - Full Cruise Day and Evening Pack

8) Saturday - Breakfast and disembark

Actually if you pull up HAL's printed itineraries on your computer, they all start with DAY "0" not Day "1" ..

However, when flying to a port we always would get in one or two days prior to departure..

cheers..Betty