My conscious is bothering me.....

ERNLYN

Several in our extended family are cruising Saturday on the Victory. Including my son, his wife and two girls ages one and two. We were discussing the cruise over dinner, my son is concerned about floor space for the crib/trundle beds, as they have a regular balcony cabin. I mentioned to them next time they might consider looking for a "wrap around" cabin is they have a bit more floor space. LO AND BEHOLD not 30 minutes CCl rep calls me and advises, as my wife and I are platinums, they are offering a wrap around balcony for an additional fee. I advised the rep we were happy with the cabin we booked, not thinking and after ending the call I thought; Could I have gotten the same offer for my son and his family! I tried to re connect with the agent but failed to get he rep#. Now I feel guilty for asking. I say all this to ask; Do you think they would have offered the same deal to my son (who is not platinum) or would they have continued to work down the "platinum" list for find a taker?

No use beating yourself up! They may have, or may have not. We were worried about space too with a trundle/crib. So we decided that we will have the bed split in an L shape. My husband and I will share one twin. We are pretty comfy on a twin (we already tried it out, and we have done it before) but I know MOST people wouldn't be able to do that :o

Several in our extended family are cruising Saturday on the Victory. Including my son, his wife and two girls ages one and two. We were discussing the cruise over dinner, my son is concerned about floor space for the crib/trundle beds, as they have a regular balcony cabin. I mentioned to them next time they might consider looking for a "wrap around" cabin is they have a bit more floor space. LO AND BEHOLD not 30 minutes CCl rep calls me and advises, as my wife and I are platinums, they are offering a wrap around balcony for an additional fee. I advised the rep we were happy with the cabin we booked, not thinking and after ending the call I thought; Could I have gotten the same offer for my son and his family! I tried to re connect with the agent but failed to get he rep#. Now I feel guilty for asking. I say all this to ask; Do you think they would have offered the same deal to my son (who is not platinum) or would they have continued to work down the "platinum" list for find a taker?

Wrap around cabins on the aft of the ship hold only 2 people. In fact the floor space is less than a regular balcony. The additional space is in the huge balcony which would not be of benefit to your son and familyl. There should be plenty of room in a regular balcony cabin with one child on the couch and then a crib for the younger one. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. ;)

I know you feel bad, I'd feel the same way. The call came out of the blue and caught you off guard.

But, even if your son got the offer, there's no guarantee he'd take the offer either with the extra cost and it being so close to sailing. Having kids to bring is a consideration they needed to think about before this. Oh, the joys of bringing young ones that need more floor space than their tiny bodies need because of extra equipment.

Thank heaven they have a balcony to escape to when they need it, but I'm sure this was a consideration when they booked.

Wrap around cabins on the aft of the ship hold only 2 people. In fact the floor space is less than a regular balcony. The additional space is in the huge balcony which would not be of benefit to your son and familyl. There should be plenty of room in a regular balcony cabin with one child on the couch and then a crib for the younger one. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. ;)

Yay, another "make you feel better moment". Now, if you mention your offer, you can say it with a clear conscience:D You can say you thought of him, but realized floor space was smaller;)

No need to feel bad.. The answer is NO... they most probably would not make the same offer to your son.. They have a list of who is in what cabin and how much you paid.. Based on that list, they have to go in order..

Reason I know that... because it happened to me BUT I asked (My Mom & Dad got the offer) and I asked for myself and husband...and thats what I was told... I then told the guy who called me that if they don't get any takers to please call me back and his response was "Oh, I'll get someone to take it" !!!

So no need to feel bad... Have a great cruise :)

My mom and I booked a wrap around on deck 7 on Destiny, which is close to Victory but not exactly the same class. The cabin itself was much smaller than the regular balcony cabins we've had in the past, and since. In fact, the cabin interior was shaped like a triangle and we were on top of one another all cruise long.

Feel better now? :D

Don't feel guilty. It sounds like the aft wrap balcony rooms are smaller. PLUS, you are going on a CRUISE!!!!!!:D:D For the most part, you are only sleeping in the cabin. You guys are all going to be out and about having FUN!!!! Don't sweat the small stuff....go have fun with your family.:D

Boo for you.

Money talks. They would have gladly accepted your son's money as fast as yours.