Imagination or Inspiration?

Any suggestions please . They both have the same itinerary. One sails a day after the other, and the price is only 10.00 different? Which ship is better? I cant see many differences. Thanks.

Any suggestions please . They both have the same itinerary. One sails a day after the other, and the price is only 10.00 different? Which ship is better? I cant see many differences. Thanks.

I've been on both. Carnival Inspiration was much better, as far as service. We disliked Carnival Imagination so much, that we told ourselves that we'd never cruise with Carnival again. But we're starting to reconsider, and maybe go out on Carnival Paradise. It could have been because of the ports we went out of though. Tampa seemed to have a more calmer group of passengers, than Miami did, and Inspiration went out of Tampa.

As far as the appearance of the ships, they are both identical. The only thing we saw different, was the name.

Edited by lovelights

I've been on both. Carnival Inspiration was much better, as far as service. We disliked Carnival Imagination so much, that we told ourselves that we'd never cruise with Carnival again. But we're starting to reconsider, and maybe go out on Carnival Paradise. It could have been because of the ports we went out of though. Tampa seemed to have a more calmer group of passengers, than Miami did, and Inspiration went out of Tampa.

As far as the appearance of the ships, they are both identical. The only thing we saw different, was the name.

To the OP,

Like stated here, only differences you would notice would probably be cosmetic in nature. Also, very few crew members would still be working on either ship from when this poster sailed on them...2011 and 2012 respectively. Most crew would have been re-assigned to a new vessel by this point if they even are still working for Carnival (High turnover rate). Check out some recent reviews on both ships as far as crew friendliness, service, and maybe even cruise director are concerned.

Edited by jetexpress

To the OP,

Like stated here, only differences you would notice would probably be cosmetic in nature. Also, very few crew members would still be working on either ship from when this poster sailed on them...2011 and 2012 respectively. Most crew would have been re-assigned to a new vessel by this point if they even are still working for Carnival (High turnover rate). Check out some recent reviews on both ships as far as crew friendliness, service, and maybe even cruise director are concerned.

My wife and I have been on both ships recently. We have sailed the Inspiration several times within 2013 and just completed a cruise on the Imagination out of Miami. The major difference we observed that the management of the main dining room was much better on the Inspiration then we found on the Imagination. Consistently slow service and hit and miss food quality on the Imagination. We both felt the MDR staff on the Imagination seemed dis-jointed meaning they did not seem to work as a team. Also everyone we came in contact with, while courteous, did not seem to be enjoying their jobs. There seemed to be a much better mindset on the Inspiration. Hope this helps!