Rain chance 100% - cancel Carnival excursion?

erby2283

We are cruising next week and weather dot com says that weather in Belize is going to be 78 degrees with 100% chance of thuderstorms. I have booked the Carnival Altun Ha excursion - and is actually, the ONLY Carnival excursion I have booked and was really looking forward to it. Now, I am debating canceling it bc of the weather. What do you guys think?

Looks like I'll be having crappy weather in practically every port...maybe the sea days will be nice. :rolleyes:

Cozumel 79 degrees 70% chance of showers

Belize 78 degrees 100% chance of Thunderstorms

Roatan 79 degrees 90% chance scattered showers

Caymans 82 degrees 30% chance of rain

I don't trust any of the weather sites for the caribbean. We were in Cozumel late Oct , and the forecast said 80%...We never felt a drop..

Thanks. I posted on the main board too in hopes of more responses. Hope they echo your sentiments!

The weather is so unpredictable. We have often had similar predictions but decided not to cancel our excursions.

Most of the time, the weather was nice and dry. I always take a backpack with umbrellas just in case. There was one time in Costa Maya where we used them for a brief heavy downpour. But about 15 minutes later it was gone!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I have been on several Caribbean cruises and it rained almost every morning for about 15 minutes and then sunny and humid. I check Wunderground and next Wednesday is 20-30% chance of rain throughout the day hi of 81. So, there is probably 100% chance, but not an all day event? Go and have fun, will still be better than the 41/30 degree here in Indiana for next Wednesday.

Looks like I'll be having crappy weather in practically every port...maybe the sea days will be nice. :rolleyes:

We had a similar forecast when we boarded our recent cruise and it never rained once on any of our port days. This was our third western Caribbean cruise, always the same story. Even if it looked grey in the morning it cleared up by 10-11am.

You can get guest services to check the forecast for you, and decide at the last minute. Enjoy!

Edited by CDNJehn

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all were right. We did not cancel and it only rained 5 minutes while on the tender and a couple brief showers while driving to Altun Ha. Although our Chukka tour guide did say it was the first day in almost 2 weeks they didnt have to cancel a lot of excursions bc of rain.

We lucked out and had some great weather on our trip. Last sea day was cloudy but hey, I'll take it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app