how many children on june 18 northern europe cruise

kitkat343

We are thinking of traveling on a Baltic cruise next summer with our son, who will be 3.5 years old. We were originally planning on traveling in late May or early June so there wouldn't be too many kids on the cruise so the kids center employees would have more ability to focus on our son since he is so young (when he gets bigger we will try to cruise when there are more children on board for him to play with). There is one itinerary that would allow us to depart from Copenhagen and end the cruise in Stockholm. But this cruise is only offered once, and it departs on June 18th, and I didn't know if most schools let out by then and the kids clubs would be crowded. The cruise is an 11 day cruise. Thanks so much for your perspective.

Which cruise line? That makes a big difference in the answers you will get.

No, there won't be many kids and depending on the ship/line, your son may be the only one. Some lines will cancel the kid clubs if not enough kids are on board.

On a cruise we took when our son was young, only about 8 kids were using the kid club so they combined the ages and it was just daycare, as opposed to structured age-appropriate activities.

US schools end anywhere from mid-May to the end of June. Many are out by June 18. Once again it depends on your ship. Some cater to mostly European crowds. I don't know anything about their school systems, sorry.

Sounds like a fun trip regardless. :)

I believe this is one of RCI Legend's cruises. If so, I think there will be some kids on board, but you may want to cross-post this on the RCI forum. We did the same as you - picking a cruise when there would not be too many kids on board when our son was 3 (almost 4). I think there were less than 10 in his age group. I think you will be fine. Legend is a big ship, so there are bound to be other kids on board.

He, he... While we were waiting to take our first cruise this past year, I read through all of the Northern European itineraries in the RCI catalog, and this one stuck out because it goes to Berlin and had an amazing itinerary. I really wanted to do Europe next year, but a Thanksgiving cruise worked out better - maybe 2015. If you decide to take this cruise, come back and tell us about it :D