Saw SS Chile ports cruise on TV,but

alexandra cruiser

If you have March free, it looks like you're in luck! 2nd March, Ushuaia to Valparaiso b2b with 13th March, Valparaiso to Callao on Explorer.

Just look at the "Plan your voyage" page and select "South America"

and will look into it.The ports just didnt ring a bell,but does sound like it.Will be now for following year.Have June river cruise and next Dec.on Marina in Caribbean.

Have never taken a SS ship,but looks great.Have loved Seabourn,some Regent,not SeaDream(too small) and Oceania,,,so far.

Will have to start reading all the info.

Thanks again.:)

Alexandra, you're welcome. However, if Seadream is, indeed "too small" then Silver Explorer might also be excluded as it is only slightly bigger (although I can't imagine what the problem might be. (I regularly tell Mrs sloopjohnb that size isn't everything) We have around 100 days on both Seabourn and Silversea and half of the SS days have been on Explorer). Anyway, instead of selecting "Central and South America" as I suggested previously, select "South America" and it will reveal the itineraries of the SS mainstream cruiseships (as opposed to the expedition ships. Some of the Spirit and Cloud voyages might suit you.

You shouldn't assume, however, that the Explorer trip I suggested would be repeated each year. It appears that, in 2015, you would have to do something similar in the Autumn, North to South.

but was surprised by price on Explorer...for verandah,,,$9000 plus air.whew.

Seadream only 100 passengers,cabins have porthole only...need a balcony.Also,just shower,no tub.Hey, that s roughing it,for me.So,yes, size DOES matter,haha.Old Scottish saying,eh?

My grandfather was born in Glasgow,so I m a sort of Scottish lass(but have Italian Dad).quite a mix,

Spent many vacations there,got a railpass and went all over.But missed the Loch ness monster,sigh.Maybe I ll just pass on Chile and go back there?

We ll see...:D

Yes, some of the Explorer voyages can be a bit eye-watering. North-west passage, August 2014, 23 days, £1000 per day, waitlisted!

There are lots of Italian Scots. If it weren't for them, we'd never have tasted ice-cream - or fish'n'chips!

have to feel sorry for Dario Franchitti btw