Independence of the seas- Transatlantic 4th May

CruisingThom87

Hi just booked this cruise searched for roll call here but couldn't see anything just wondered if any other gays are going to be on board so far myself and partner have booked single friend booking too possibly. This will be our 4th cruise but 1st Transatlantic which I'm looking forward to, I hope there is enough to keep us entertained with all the sea days though. Be great to meet others :)

Just returned from the Vision of the Seas Transatlantic from Lisbon to Miami. I have a single booked on the Independence for May 4th - Fort Lauderdale to Southampton then intend to spend a few days in London and maybe a week or so in Portugal afterwards. Single retired Canadian here…hope to meet anyone else on this cruise at the "friends of Dorothy Meeting onboard"

Excellent we too hope to attend the fod meetings and meet new people! Should be a fun cruise. I'm sure you will have a great time in London afterwards it is a great city. We are flying out from London to Miami day before and will spend a night in Fort Lauderdale before boarding the IOS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Booked this cruise when the solo fares were so cheap (Inside $854 with taxes + grats) even though did not know what I would do once there. Have had a lot of fun planning and, unless I change my mind, will be taking the Eurostar to Paris then TGV on to Switzerland for a few days of sightseeing. Then it is on to Hamburg to take the MSC Magnifica for a cruise around UK.

Thought about taking the QM2 back to USA but fares have not dropped (yet) so likely will just endure the 11+ hour flight back to LA.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Holiday Season and keeping warm/dry (as may apply)!

Doug from Florida here. I met some wonderful guys on Serenade in November who plan to be on Indy with us next May. Really looking forward to the cruise. Afterwards I will go to Amsterdam and Paris. LBCABob I also considered taking QM2 back to US, but like you said cost is too high now, specially solo. Looking forward to meeting everyone and good times.

Doug from Florida here. I met some wonderful guys on Serenade in November who plan to be on Indy with us next May. Really looking forward to the cruise. Afterwards I will go to Amsterdam and Paris. LBCABob I also considered taking QM2 back to US, but like you said cost is too high now, specially solo. Looking forward to meeting everyone and good times.

Did you meet up with Rodger, Martin, Jack, Gareth and Craig ?

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to check to see if CC had a roll call for this cruise. I'm booked

With a whole bunch of hags, both boys and girls. Can't wait till May.

I just got off the Royal Princess a month ago. 7 days is just too short.

I to am on this Cruise with my GF. This is my 4th cruise, 2nd time around the Caribbean and 2nd time to St Thomas.

Anyone booked any excursions yet?

Anyone else from London going?

We are spending 4 nights in Orlando before hand :)

Cant wait for the holiday to come.:)

Welcome CP

This will be my 3rd time to st thomas our last 2 cruises we have stayed before in Orlando which has been much fun it will be a fun packed few days for you before you then get to chillax on the cruise!!

I've not booked any excursions as yet as there didn't seem to be much on offer when I looked through RCI. I think we will likely go to maho beach in st marteen again as I love to see the planes come in over the beach! Nassau prob just get off n go for a wonder there are a few public beaches within walking distance . This is our first transatlantic so I'm lookin forward to making the most of the ship :)

I should of said my name was Chris, better than CP haha

Yeah will be nice to chill on cruise, prob won't be able to see the boat till after the last island as we are straight into them.

I've got Blue Lagoon booked ready in Bahamas and magens bay in st Thomas which is lovely.

I have heard about that beach in st Maartan with the airplanes. Anything else to do in st Maartan. I have seen the excursion at Witenblauw. You know anything about it?

You full board or all inclusive? It's nice to read that the Independance has had a refurb last yr. I was the first passengers on the NCL Breakaway from Rotterdam to Southampton and was a lovely ship.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I booked this cruise back when there was no single supplement. I actually thought I was going to have to cancel it and posted that on the "regular" roll call..but things have worked out for me and I will be joining you after all. I am retired but my GF is still working so I have been sailing solo lately. I actually enjoy it…although of course I wish she was coming with me. :)

Mike2611 I was also on the Vision TA in Oct/Nov. That was my first TA and I really enjoyed the sea days. This will be my first cruise on the Independence and I am really looking forward to it. I just got off the Epic last weekend and saw the Independence in St. Maarten so that got me even more excited for this cruise. Hope to meet some of you onboard.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Usually I try to book a round trip flight to include a fall TA cruise, but not this year- it can't happen. Any suggestions? One way flights are really expensive. A return crossing on the Queen Mary 2 would be a grand way home if I could find a cabin mate. Doug

Usually I try to book a round trip flight to include a fall TA cruise, but not this year- it can't happen. Any suggestions? One way flights are really expensive. A return crossing on the Queen Mary 2 would be a grand way home if I could find a cabin mate. Doug

Dd you try the cruise line air?