Independence of the seas- Transatlantic 4th May

CruisingThom87

Only 83 days to go i so can't wait :-)

Just having a look at excursions anyone planning on doing anything exciting.

A bunch of us from the regular roll call are planning a day at Maho Beach in St. Maarten to watch the planes land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings -

I took advantage of the no-single supplement deal a few months back, and booked this. Combined with British Air miles for the return trip, and Southwest miles to get to FLL, it was a deal.

Will be traveling with a friend, but in separate cabins..... and staying on in London for six nights afterward.

It's been awhile since I've been on RCL. I have to say that I'm already annoyed at the number of marketing emails they're sending... I'm hoping they aren't that aggressive once on board.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

David.

• 3 weeks later...
Can't wait not long to go now!! Is anyone interested in organising a 'gay' table for dinner? Did it on our last TA and was ace. We're on the 8.30 sitting

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Do we wear out pink feather boas?

We're gonna have quite the 'gaggle' on this sailing, aren't we?! lol :D

Look forward to meeting everyone! Glad so many Brits and Scots are onboard--we love your wit and humour!

Steve & Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I booked this cruise with my friend David. My first time on this class of ship. Haven't cruised RCL in a while. I like the transAtlantic cruises. Have anytime dining.

I am interested in the beach in St Martin by the air port - and St Martin has the best vanilla extract of anywhere - my usual souvenir.

Will watch for the FOD posting and see everyone there.

Saw the other CC line for this cruise - number of pages is too overwhelming for me to even start reading. Anyone find something important on that line I should know about?

Larry

Did you meet up with Rodger, Martin, Jack, Gareth and Craig ?

Hello everyone, I'm Fabio from Miami.. I just booked and am excited to join you all on this crossing.

I love the idea of having our own dining table for late seating, if we are doing this, please count me in and let me know what I can do to facilitate this.

Is anyone doing an independent tour in St. Maarten ? Id love to have a nice relaxing (away from the crowds) beach day.

Ps, I know Martin, Roger and Jack ( I work with Martin in Miami) and have sailed with them on several voyages.

Im looking forward to meeting great like-minded people...

Fabio:)

Hello everyone, I'm Fabio from Miami.. I just booked and am excited to join you all on this crossing.

I love the idea of having our own dining table for late seating, if we are doing this, please count me in and let me know what I can do to facilitate this.

Is anyone doing an independent tour in St. Maarten ? Id love to have a nice relaxing (away from the crowds) beach day.

Ps, I know Martin, Roger and Jack ( I work with Martin in Miami) and have sailed with them on several voyages.

Welcome aboard.

I Plan on going to Maho Beach to watch the planes land and take off with a bunch of friends who are on the other roll call. Been to St. Maarten so many times I can't remember.

Looking forward to all the sea days so I can lie around and of nothing.

Hello everyone

I booked this cruise with my friend David. My first time on this class of ship. Haven't cruised RCL in a while. I like the transAtlantic cruises. Have anytime dining.

I am interested in the beach in St Martin by the air port - and St Martin has the best vanilla extract of anywhere - my usual souvenir.

Will watch for the FOD posting and see everyone there.

Saw the other CC line for this cruise - number of pages is too overwhelming for me to even start reading. Anyone find something important on that line I should know about?

Larry

St. Maarten also has the best cough syrup around. If you know what I'm getting at. LOL

Known Roger Martin and Jackie for many years :)

JP Red and White Underwear mmmmmmmm ;)

Known Roger Martin and Jackie for many years :)

JP Red and White Underwear mmmmmmmm ;)

I don't have anything else to contribute to Canada day. I could practice saying "house and about". LOL

All packed just waiting on Suzy Cat being picked up by the cattery then off to spend the night in the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport before the first London Shuttle in the morning connecting with the 11:10 to Miami.

Safe trip to all and see you on board

All packed just waiting on Suzy Cat being picked up by the cattery then off to spend the night in the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport before the first London Shuttle in the morning connecting with the 11:10 to Miami.

Safe trip to all and see you on board

safe travels! see you on board:)

safe travels! see you on board:)

Hello fellow cruisers,

I'm catching an 1120 am flight to Barcelona from London's Heathrow, would anyone be interested in sharing a private car so we can share the cost?

It would mean departing early and self walk off the ship.

The details are in londontoolkit.com

Please message me here or my private email

tvlman2@hotmail.com

thanks

Fabio

i just seen this now on the main board, ive never been to San Jaun and have been to nassau a few times so was ok with the change , however the times seem a bit weird 4pm-11? makes it hard to plan for things with dinner etc unless u plan to eat out. has anyone else been to this port and if so can you suggest something to do between these times? if not i will likely stay on ship

Thomon24, I have been to San Juan about 4 years ago. If I remember rightly there isn't much too do there. It's more of an old school town with tourist and their culture shops. I don't remember seeing a beach, but may of changed now. Personally I'm really disappointed Bahamas has been dropped, was really looking forward to it.

The positive thing, as you mentioned is the hours there. If its like Explorer of the Seas, you will want to be back on the boat for dinner, as they hold a mid night BBQ buffet, ice sculpturing and disco on the top deck which was kinda cool, Being able to have a party on the top deck in shorts and t-shirts late at night. The food is a bit full on especially if you have eaten around 8.30.

Hope this helps.

Thomon24, I have been to San Juan about 4 years ago. If I remember rightly there isn't much too do there. It's more of an old school town with tourist and their culture shops. I don't remember seeing a beach, but may of changed now. Personally I'm really disappointed Bahamas has been dropped, was really looking forward to it.

The positive thing, as you mentioned is the hours there. If its like Explorer of the Seas, you will want to be back on the boat for dinner, as they hold a mid night BBQ buffet, ice sculpturing and disco on the top deck which was kinda cool, Being able to have a party on the top deck in shorts and t-shirts late at night. The food is a bit full on especially if you have eaten around 8.30.

Hope this helps.

I just got a text from RCCL about the change. It says because Nassau was a foreign port. The authorities in St. Thomas would require the ship to go through a lengthy inspection and passengers would not be let off till it was complete. Which could be 6 hours. So they made the decision to take Nassau off and put San Juan, which is a US territory so we can enjoy St. Thomas. And not sit on the ship all day waiting for the authorities.

• 2 weeks later...