Bucharest to Budapest November 22, 2013

roberts2005

I think having a guide there is a great idea - you'll be able to cover a lot of territory with her and see more than you could on your own - and obviously learn about what you're seeing. I try to set up private guides when we visit new cities - it's just such an efficient way of seeing a lot, IMHO. And they always know about quirky off-the-beaten path spots, etc.

Have fun!

Leslie,

DH and I went through your photos this morning, after seeing them on another thread! They are so great! DH was glad they are on Picasa so he could see exposures etc. Hes really thinking about what equipment to bring especially for the night shots on the Danube in Budapest.

I was wondering if you can tell me when you traveled? The foliage in your photos is beautiful, especially in Budapest and the Iron Gates area! We are cruising late Sept to early Oct, so I'm hopeful for some nice foliage! Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words re: my photos. We were there Oct 9 - 23 so not much later in the year than your dates. I'm sure you'll have pretty foliage!

Oh I'm glad! it hadn't occurred to me there might be pretty foliage! When we traveled to French Polynesia mid to late Oct two years ago I really missed my fall foliage in NE! So next year I will have some nice foliage in Eastern Europe and then return to catch the end of the season in NE!:D

We are so looking forward to this itinerary!

• 1 month later...

Will be spending the pre-cruise time in Vienna and would like any suggestions about a private tour of Vienna to see the sights. I've been to Vienna before, but I'm traveling with someone who hasn't been to Vienna & thought a private tour (half day or full day) would be very helpful to have a professional introduce her to Vienna. Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations welcome!

Tennessee Traveler