Shuttle to orlando airport

RoePost

My shuttle service just informed us that they will pick us up from the Carnival Dream in Port Canaveral at 830 am and take us back to Orlando airport. We are on a 11 05 am flight to NY...Do you think this will give us enough time to check in and get thru security? I asked to be picked up at 8 but they said they couldnt do that and this would be fine..Your thoughts please>>>

It is a 45-50 minute drive from PC to MCO, so you should arrive about 9:15-9:30, giving you 90+ minutes to check bags and get through security. You should be okay, but I would check in for my flights the day before and have boarding passes already printed (yes, the internet fees are high and the connection is slow -- just pay up and deal with it :o) before leaving the ship.

Good luck!

Thanks JohninDC ...I intend to purchase an iternet package so I will print boarding passes day before we disembark...I thought we would be safe...but I am a worry-wart and needed some encouragement...Been doing a lot of sailing from Ft Lauderdale and always just grab a cab...its such a short ride to the airport...havent sailed from Port Canaveral for quite some time...Thank you for the speedy reply....

Should't be a problem at all. You should be back at MCO by 0920 or so, they usually drop you off right in front of the ticket counter. If they offer skycap service, take that to check in the bags so you don't have to wait in what is usually a very long line at the ticket counter. And if you can have someone check you in early, like the day before from home online if you give them your pnr info, that would be great so you can have seats reserved and just get your boarding passes when you check in your bags. Security really does move fast at MCO and with the tram that runs to the gates, you should be up by your gate in no time. You won't have too much time to mess around when you get to the airport but there should be enough time to get everything done and be on the plane in time. At least that is my experience.

FlyingCruiserNJ

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Should't be a problem at all. You should be back at MCO by 0920 or so, they usually drop you off right in front of the ticket counter. If they offer skycap service, take that to check in the bags so you don't have to wait in what is usually a very long line at the ticket counter. And if you can have someone check you in early, like the day before from home online if you give them your pnr info, that would be great so you can have seats reserved and just get your boarding passes when you check in your bags. Security really does move fast at MCO and with the tram that runs to the gates, you should be up by your gate in no time. You won't have too much time to mess around when you get to the airport but there should be enough time to get everything done and be on the plane in time. At least that is my experience.

FlyingCruiserNJ

BTW, I used 123 Friendly Transportation. It was $36 round trip per person with an online coupon promo, picked us up at the hotel to go to the ship and dropped us right back at the ticket counter to fly home. Very good service.