Has anyone done 12N Transatlantic Westbound On Constellation

Conanc

Hello,

I am looking at the 12n Transatlantic aboard the Constellation from Dover, England - NJ in September. Ports are Amsterdam, Brussels, LeHavre, Cork, and Halifax. What are the best excursions for these ports and would you do this itinerary again? Did you feel too rushed to enjoy the ports?

Also, any suggestions on where to stay in London prior to the cruise?

Any information would be most welcome! Thanks!

We did the Constellation Westbound TA last year, but the ports were somewhat different. We did not go to Amsterdam, Belgium or Halifax. We did private tours in most of the ports and had a great time. I always feel like a day is not enough in many places, but it gives me an idea of where I would like to return for a longer stay in the future. We did a private Normandy tour from LeHarve and had a very interesting day. Other people chose to go to Paris. We went to the lakes of Killarney from Cork, which was a beautiful tour despite some rain. I think the best plan is to concentrate on one small area to cover in each port.

Last year the itinerary included a stop in Iceland. Since one of the many hurricanes last year was headed for the North Atlantic, our captain changed the itinerary to Vigo, Spain instead. Much smoother ride!

There are a number of private tours being organized through our roll call. You can contact the organizers there to see if there are openings.

Hope to meet you onboard Constellation. You can e-mail me if you have any more questions.

Linda

Archived