Arrival of Sunshine

According to the AIS data Carnival Sunshine has already entered the Mississippi and is past Pilottown and Venice, coming up on Fort Jackson.

Given normal speeds and traffic, she should be at the dock by 7:30, so Sarge wins!

Also, I would LOVE to sail up or down the Mississippi River in the daytime. Those folks on the Sunshine are lucky to end their 16 day cruise with a daytime trip up the river.

That would be great to be able to see more. On our cruise from New Orleans we sailed the week of Thanksgiving and left a little late so we only had about 30 min of daylight. We didn't see much after the battlefield. I am hoping we get to see more from the Dream in May. :)

You will. It will be light until late seating dinner. If we leave at 4:30 then we should be near the point where the sunshine is sitting on anchor right now before it gets too dark the tell where we are by landmarks.

That will be great. We have Anytime Dining and will probably eat later. Can you post the link to the website you are using to see where the ships are?

My wife called me about 5 P.M., and they're IN PORT! She said they plan on getting the ship cleared of all passengers by 9:30 or so tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Maybe she can get an earlier flight home, instead of having to sit in the airport for 5 hours or so! :eek:

"SKY"

My wife called me about 5 P.M., and they're IN PORT! She said they plan on getting the ship cleared of all passengers by 9:30 or so tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Maybe she can get an earlier flight home, instead of having to sit in the airport for 5 hours or so! :eek:

"SKY"

Are you referring to the Sunshine? As WLHyatt posted, I just looked at the marine traffic site and the Sunshine is showing anchored way down the river. If you look at the New Orleans port cam http://portno.com/cruise-webcam There is no ship at the cruise port.:confused:

Are you referring to the Sunshine? As WLHyatt posted, I just looked at the marine traffic site and the Sunshine is showing anchored way down the river. If you look at the New Orleans port cam http://portno.com/cruise-webcam There is no ship at the cruise port.:confused:

Perhaps that's what she meant. (She's not exactly familiar with the Port of New Orleans, having sailed there only once before.) Probably the fact that they're no longer underway, made her think they were in port. Sorry for any confusion? :confused:

"SKY"

Perhaps that's what she meant. (She's not exactly familiar with the Port of New Orleans, having sailed there only once before.) Probably the fact that they're no longer underway, made her think they were in port. Sorry for any confusion? :confused:

"SKY"

I was just wondering if you meant something else. I hope she had a good cruise. If you can call her back you might want to tell her to watch for the Elation to pass them.

Yeah, even when they get underway, the ship will still have 4 or so hours of sail time before they are actually docked. The Mississippi river is different for cruising than the ports that are within 15 minutes of Ocean. On the river it's a good 7 hours minimum to reach ocean.

My wife called me about 5 P.M., and they're IN PORT! She said they plan on getting the ship cleared of all passengers by 9:30 or so tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Maybe she can get an earlier flight home, instead of having to sit in the airport for 5 hours or so!

"SKY"

Was I the only one who found this extreemly funny??? LOL

Elation is about 10-15 min away from passing Sunshine. Sunshine is at least 4hr from port.

If you're basing this statement on the information at MarineTraffic.com or any of those online ship locators... just remember that those show the last reported location of the ship. That information may be a little old, or it might be fairly current. But you should be careful about assuming that it is totally and completely up-to-the-minute.