No Liquid Soap on Equinox

lenbest

[QUOTE=We're The Groupnors;40752333]I've never seen a bulk dispenser in a hotel. Even Hampton Inns have small bottles of product, and that is far less than a 4 star chain.[/QUOTE]

When we go on road trips with our kids, we often stay in budget motels. A Hampton Inn to us in that situation is a fancy splurge. I've often seen the bulk dispenser. Yes, that stuff is awful.

I travel with bar soaps just because I'm usually flying with just a carry-on and am stuck with the TSA liquids restrictions and save my room for other items. Most hotels other than the above low budgets seem to offer bar soap in the US. If a hotel or cruise ship offers nice body wash, then to me, that's a bonus. I'm in AQ on our upcoming cruise - I hope I get some! :)

[quote name='Waterlily777']I am talking about the bulk gel dispensers that are installed in the showers as being downmarket, not the small gel bottles that are provided with the rest of the bathroom amenities.

The product in the small bottles is usually pretty nice. Any time I have had the bulk gel dispensers, the product has been awful.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Everyone has different experiences, but there is an ever-increasing number of better hotels that are moving in this direction. The “Reader’s Choice Award” was presented last year by Conde Nast Traveler to the Hotel Andaluz. This luxurious (and green) hotel uses highly regarded Molton Brown products in its dispensers.

On the other hand, accomnews.com (Accommodation News) has an interesting article today on the use of bulk products in the hotel industry. While the article later goes on to provide potential solutions to some of the safety issues, this paragraph is a bit of an eye opener:

[I]Refillable dispensers are cost effective because the hotelier can top up the liquids with bulk product, however refillable dispensers are not a hygienically safe choice and should only be used by the basin (liquid soap). And refillable dispensers should not be installed in showers due to mould build up and possible germ contamination while refilling shampoo.
[/I]
[/SIZE][/FONT]