Actual time in port??

YYJValerie

I'm booked on another Carnival cruise after a couple of years away... seem to remember that the time we had to be back on board was always an hour earlier than published online when we booked the cruise. For example.. the itinerary states we are to be in Belize from 9-5. Is it safe to assume that we will have to be back on board at 4:00 (or 3:00 Belize time)? This makes a big difference when booking private tours outside of Carnival!!

Thanks!

I'm booked on another Carnival cruise after a couple of years away... seem to remember that the time we had to be back on board was always an hour earlier than published online when we booked the cruise. For example.. the itinerary states we are to be in Belize from 9-5. Is it safe to assume that we will have to be back on board at 4:00 (or 3:00 Belize time)? This makes a big difference when booking private tours outside of Carnival!!

Thanks!

What makes a bigger difference than that is when you are going (due to DST) and where you are sailing from.

Hi! I just spoke to Carnival this week regarding this. I'm on an Eastern Caribbean cruise in January 2014 and booking my own excursions as well.

3 of the 4 ports we are visiting are an hour ahead of Florida time. I was told that the ship will stay on "ship's time" - meaning Florida time.

Just to be sure I checked my old "Fun Times" - you know, the inserts they put under your door every morning when you're on board - from my cruise in 2012. On that cruise, all of the ports were also an hour ahead. Every morning we were in port, the Fun Times had a bolded reminder on the front page to "remember to stick to ship time."

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise :)