Carnival Victory --Dance club noise on Empress?

KatieCharlotte

I booked my family on the Empress deck of the Victory, after reading that it was the quietest of the higher decks, with staterooms above and below. A review of our exact room mentioned no noise issues. But when I double checked the deck plans, I saw that, in the location of our room, the deck below (the Upper deck) has white space. Below that is the disco, which is advertised as a two-story disco. But I see there's a dance floor below, so maybe that's what it's referring to?

Does the Arctic Club disco extend above the Promenade deck into the Upper deck, or is the white space something else, like steward storage space? I'd switch just to be safe, but there are very few interior rooms that accommodate 5 guests, especially on the Empress deck and I'm trying to avoid the very front of the ship.

Thank you for any insight/advice!

I agree- I have been on the Victory and dont remember it being 2 stories. Any reason why you avoid the front? We are always there but we are usually on the top floor. We were on deck 7 forward last cruise and could hear the shows in the theater.

I agree- I have been on the Victory and dont remember it being 2 stories. Any reason why you avoid the front? We are always there but we are usually on the top floor. We were on deck 7 forward last cruise and could hear the shows in the theater.

The other rooms for five guests were the very front four interior rooms, and I was worried about my daughters and seasickness if we happen to have rough seas.

I appreciate all info and advice. We've only sailed on Riviera and wanted to try something new, but my family will not be happy with me if the room is noisy late at night. :eek:

The other rooms for five guests were the very front four interior rooms, and I was worried about my daughters and seasickness if we happen to have rough seas.

I appreciate all info and advice. We've only sailed on Riviera and wanted to try something new, but my family will not be happy with me if the room is noisy late at night. :eek:

I would say move it to be honest. There was a floor separating us and the theatre and we could very clearly hear the noise. Not sure but I am sure the music from the dance club would be equally as loud and it goes much later than the theatre did.