Musical Nights of the Suquet - Cannes, France

cruisePAC

We'll be in Cannes on July 23, 2014 until 6:00pm. I've recently read about Musical Nights of the Suquet (Nuits Musicales du Suquet), which takes place at the end of July every year. Does anyone know what the 2014 dates will be? What time does the event start each night? We plan on going to Le Suquet during our time in Cannes and would like to spent some time at this event, so long as it's not too expensive. However, if it causes the area to be overcrowded (or more than usual), then we may decide to stay away from the area altogether. Thanks in advance for your information and advice.

We'll be in Cannes on July 23, 2014 until 6:00pm. I've recently read about Musical Nights of the Suquet (Nuits Musicales du Suquet), which takes place at the end of July every year. Does anyone know what the 2014 dates will be? What time does the event start each night? We plan on going to Le Suquet during our time in Cannes and would like to spent some time at this event, so long as it's not too expensive. However, if it causes the area to be overcrowded (or more than usual), then we may decide to stay away from the area altogether. Thanks in advance for your information and advice.

Looks like it may be 7/22 to 7/27 this year. Youclould check with the tourist board for the dates and times to be sure. It will be congested in that area to be sure.

Ok this information is from my parents in law, who live in the area, so any inaccuracies are not my fault!

This year the concerts were held at 7pm and 9.15pm. I'm assuming your cruise itinerary won't work with those times?

The tickets for the 7pm performance were much less expensive than for the later performance, my mother in law thinks that they were about 10 euros.

For the later performance prices varied but I believe they were no more than 35 euros.

The specific area close to the venue will certainly be much busier than usual before and after each performance.

Edited to add that the Cannes Tourist Board should have more information, as mentioned in the post above.

Edited by Nigella

• 2 months later...
Ok this information is from my parents in law, who live in the area, so any inaccuracies are not my fault!

This year the concerts were held at 7pm and 9.15pm. I'm assuming your cruise itinerary won't work with those times?

The tickets for the 7pm performance were much less expensive than for the later performance, my mother in law thinks that they were about 10 euros.

For the later performance prices varied but I believe they were no more than 35 euros.

The specific area close to the venue will certainly be much busier than usual before and after each performance.

Edited to add that the Cannes Tourist Board should have more information, as mentioned in the post above.

Try:

http://www.cannes-destination.com/events-shows-cannes/suquet-musical-nights

You might want to consider that with a 6pm departure the last tender back to your ship will most likely be at 5:30. Other then the city hosting a few more visitors then usual (Cannes is always busy in July) you would not even be aware of the evening activities. In the past the only way you would have even known there was anything special was that there was usually a large banner in front of the Exhibition Center which is hard to miss. We have found that major events in Cannes tend to have an even greater impact on the daytime crowds at St Paul de Vence (which is our favorite place in the region).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thank you for giving me the link, but it's not me who needed the information, I wonder if you meant to quote it back to cruisePAC, the OP.

Unfortunately when I looked at the link it only relates to last year's event, I couldn't find information for 2014.

Anyway it looks like the OP hasn't been back to the thread so I'm thinking perhaps Hank is right about the timings of the event and the ship departure.

OP if you are still reading and we've misunderstood about your ship departure time do let me know and I'll ask my MIL to see what info she can glean from 'on the ground' about this year's event.