Suggestions for Heathrow hotel near Terminal 3?

phabric

Our Air Canada flight arrives at 9PM on a Saturday in August at Terminal 3, by the time we use the bathroom, immigration, luggage it will be closer to 10:30PM or later. We had this flight this year, and there was a long line for immigration.

Any suggestions on hotels near Terminal 3? We used Holiday Inn Bath Rd this year, as we were renting a car from Hertz and it was suggestion on the British forum it was the closest to the Hertz office.

At that time of night, using the bus to get to the hotel will probably be too late. Will a taxi take us to the hotel for a such short distance?

We plan on going back to the airport to get the National Express the next day (Sunday). We will probably use one of the bus to get to the Coach Station..

Should we purchase our tickets in advance or on the day ?

Taxi drivers are not allowed to refuse a fare, even though they may lose out on the deal because the airport charges them for just being there.

When we flew back from Lisbon, we took a taxi to the hotel where we had left our car. He grumbled a bit, but I gave him a generous tip to soften the blow.

Hotels on Bath Road tend to be more attractive to those people who want to avoid their overpriced evening meals. Obviously not a problem for you, so I would look for the best bargain.

You will get a better deal, and reserved seats, by booking the coach in advance.

Edit - I see that The Ibis Hotel is offering a good deal for a Saturday night in August. Seems to get fairly good reviews on TA.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g191260-d193683-Reviews-Ibis_London_Heathrow_Airport-Hayes_Middlesex_England.html

Edited by Bob++

Hotels on Bath Road tend to be more attractive to those people who want to avoid their overpriced evening meals. Obviously not a problem for you, so I would look for the best bargain.

You will get a better deal, and reserved seats, by booking the coach in advance.

Edit - I see that The Ibis Hotel is offering a good deal for a Saturday night in August. Seems to get fairly good reviews on TA.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g191260-d193683-Reviews-Ibis_London_Heathrow_Airport-Hayes_Middlesex_England.html

Thanks for the suggestion. The price is good for our day. It is only to sleep in as we get in very late. The Hoppa Bus runs until 23:00 so we may make it.