MSC Divina from Miami - How are Late Dinner, Muster and Sailaway times handled?

tbmrt

I couldn't get any information on this from MSC and am curious as to how things will be handled. Hopefully, some of the cruisers who sail in November will have the answer.

Ship sails at 7pm. (Hopefully MSC will still be doing something fun for our sailaway on 12/10/13 as they are doing on some of their initial cruises from Miami!)

Dinner is 7:30pm.

Where does muster time fit into this?

Tx

Barbara

I couldn't get any information on this from MSC and am curious as to how things will be handled. Hopefully, some of the cruisers who sail in November will have the answer.

Ship sails at 7pm. (Hopefully MSC will still be doing something fun for our sailaway on 12/10/13 as they are doing on some of their initial cruises from Miami!)

Dinner is 7:30pm.

Where does muster time fit into this?

Tx

Barbara

I feel sorry for the first reviewer of the Dicina out of Miami. They are going to have a million questions to answer.

In general though, the board time will be well before the sail time and there will be plenty of time for the muster drill. MSC only have you muster in your allocated station, e.g. a bar, or lounge, rather than at the lifeboats. MSC were not big on sailaways on my cruises but the animation team organised some party only when leaving the first port. If there is something more, that would be an interesting development.

We sailed on Poesia 3 times, and have always had to go to our muster station (NOT a lounge) prior to sailing. You HAVE to wear your life vest, and they seem to enjoy sending a photographer around to document how ridiculous you all look :p

We're sailing Divina on 11/23. I'm not sure how it will all be handled - especially those with early dining at 5.30. Will be interesting to find out, for sure!

We have been trying to get this info - very hard...my TA has been asking and begging (we have over 50 in our group)

Anyhow...I just got off phone with Chris from MSC - Ft Laud office

Muster -about 5 pm

- Fireworks - right after muster....about ? 5:30 to 5:45

Early seating 6:30

and late seating - 9:00 - ouch

he said this is for this sailing the 3 night ONLY

after will be at ? 8 or 8:30

2nd night (Thurs) is the White Hot Night

wear white - not as formal as MSC usually is

(but u do not have to wear white)

hth

Interesting....We were told by MSC USA that late dining for our cruise from Miami on Divina 12/10/13 was at 7:30pm for sure.

Guess the fireworks extravaganza on the 11/20 cruise will take the place of any "sailaway activity" when the ship leaves at 7pm?

Enjoy your cruise!

Interesting....We were told by MSC USA that late dining for our cruise from Miami on Divina 12/10/13 was at 7:30pm for sure.

Guess the fireworks extravaganza on the 11/20 cruise will take the place of any "sailaway activity" when the ship leaves at 7pm?

Enjoy your cruise!

It sounds like these activities are just for the first departure from Miami.

This is for the 3 night "US Inaugural" only

not sure if all 3 nights or just the first night

from what we hear, they will have the fireworks and "free Divatini" cocktails as we sail away - so I think they had to push the dine times back

supposedly also lot of photo opps with the entertainers, officers, "

big wigs" on this cruise too

Yeah I am getting excited to check her out :)

UPDATE FROM MSC YESTERDAY:

For the 10Dec, 2013 – 11night sailing approximate dining times are:

• Early: Between 5:30pm - 6pm

• Late: Between 8:00 - 8:30pm

UPDATE FROM MSC YESTERDAY:

For the 10Dec, 2013 – 11night sailing approximate dining times are:

• Early: Between 5:30pm - 6pm

• Late: Between 8:00 - 8:30pm

That Dec. 10 itinerary is so excellent. I wish I could be there. Have a great time:) I saw the recap film of her arrival, she's a beauty.

This is for the 3 night "US Inaugural" only

not sure if all 3 nights or just the first night

from what we hear, they will have the fireworks and "free Divatini" cocktails as we sail away - so I think they had to push the dine times back

supposedly also lot of photo opps with the entertainers, officers, "

big wigs" on this cruise too

Yeah I am getting excited to check her out :)

Hi i am sailing the MSC Divina on the 3 night getaway December 7, 2013... will the fireworks and free divatini cocktails be offered on this sailing as well? What time do you think that they are going to let us board the ship? I am going to get down to port of miami around 11:30-12 noon... hopefullly they are going to let us board early..... as far as the dress is this cruise going to be mostly casual? and will they be having the white party? Because so far i did not pack anything white to wear for this cruise..... I have been trying to find out some reviews on the november 20th sailing, but i havent seen anything posted on it so far.... I am getting so excited to sail her, as i have not sailed MSC Cruise Line before....:)

Hi i am sailing the MSC Divina on the 3 night getaway December 7, 2013... will the fireworks and free divatini cocktails be offered on this sailing as well? What time do you think that they are going to let us board the ship? I am going to get down to port of miami around 11:30-12 noon... hopefullly they are going to let us board early..... as far as the dress is this cruise going to be mostly casual? and will they be having the white party? Because so far i did not pack anything white to wear for this cruise..... I have been trying to find out some reviews on the november 20th sailing, but i havent seen anything posted on it so far.... I am getting so excited to sail her, as i have not sailed MSC Cruise Line before....:)

I am pretty sure the fireworks were only for USA :Inaugural: Cruise

I would say get there by or before 12 noon...better to go thru line quick and sit in port than to be in big line....

You can't predict MSC>>> they change things....I have learned that they never know what they are going to do....the Fort Lauderdale office never knows what Genoa will decide....

If you want to know about Carnival I can tell you time/muster/dinner info, even down to what they serve LOL>> BUT MSC is not only more fluid it is more like ONE ship here..

that ship has only sailed ONE time on a special sailing 1/2 full of travel agents with special stuff like the fireworks and a 9 pm late seating that was unexpected and not well liked but things change on MSC

No one knows about the white party?? One time or ongoing?? we don't know ..they don't know

Remember...most cruiselines have the same ships sailing from the same places over and over, a fleet of ships sailing the same

and they have fleetwide info based on hundreds of cruises and cruisers all over this site

Carnival boards can tell you the exact order of hairy chest contest (same on all ships)...which night is the past guest party

with MSC - we don't know....if you 'need" to know you will be disappointed

there is no real past guest info on this new ship other than the 3 night

MSC is changing a lot of things for the US market and I expect some things they will change and tweak etc more and more

Hopefully a database of info/reviews will come about to help others but now?? who knows?? Hopefully YOU will write a review to help future

cruisers but stuff will still be changing IMHO

if you need to "know" all the stuff ahead this is not the cruiseline to tell you...if you go with the flow a bit more you will enjoy MSC more

My personal advice is to try to simplify your cruise expectations and avoid their front desk people if possible <grin>

Bring a credit card - not a debit card....put it down and let it roll..

friends who had to put on cash or visit front desk to switch a card or do anything special were frustrated

Let the porters tag your luggage...don't bother with MSC tags...we had lots of people whose self tagged bags were lost , late (found in the lost and found later that night).....I didn't bother with MSC tags and had porter tag mine...they arrived promptly and nicely

I also find their website a joke...checkin and board pass?? You really don't need them....no one looks at them, they accomplish nothing

NO one can answer these questions as no one knows what MSC will decide...the people in the fort laud office don't know....people on the ship don't know from day to day

just

keep it simple - go with the flow....La Dolce Vita haha

Edited by sharecruises