Can you lock balcony doors?

Sorry for the misinformation this morning (and posting under my son's name just now). Yes, they are SLIDING doors. Interesting about the child locks--I know I have not seen a sign like that on the RCI ships we have had balconies on (Serenade, Legend, Splendour). I wonder if the locks are there and just hard to notice though?

Thanks everyone for the responses esp the photos. I cant see either of my kids getting it open!

That door alarm looks good for peace of mind though!

Tc.... The reason we got 2 connecting balcony cabins instead of inside cabins is that we are going to be spending a lot of time there while the kids sleep and i thought inside cabins would be too claustrophobic lol

We have just came off Indy and had the same cabin set up. Our kids are exactly he same age as yours and mine did not go near the door we just drummed it into them they were not allowed to touch them and only were allowed out with us. To be honest the handles we so still I struggled to open them so it gave me faith that they would not be able to. We took baby monitors so we could hear them at night and the doors were noisy so we would have known if they were playing with them.

We loved having extra space and the light from the balcony, we normally have inside cabins. Praying the price for next cruise comes down so we can upgrade as currently it's £1000 each to upgrade and I can't justify that :-(

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

They sell the little alarms that can be attached. While it would disturb anyone in the cabin next door, they wouldn't be activated unless your children attempted to go out on the balcony. You can even find these in some dollar stores. They are battery operated so no need to plug anything in. If you can't find them there, a hardware or building supply store would have them.

Here's another door alarm that we used upon request when I worked for a university public safety department. It was pretty much just for the student's peace of mind. You need a little double sided sticky tape to attach it to the door. It can be used on any type of door...sliding or otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Zomkg7qKo

Edited by Big_G

As for kids opening doors, when mine was 4 he could have busted out of Alcatraz and gotten into Fort Knox in a flash.

Get the alarm.

Never let my son near yours!! Mine is an escape artist. I'm sure they could teach each other a thing or 4....

I had a look on the Bunnings website. They have the door alarms for $13.

Someone ages ago posted a kid lock that slides out of the top of the door. It was actually built into the actual door. Unless you asked about it I'm not sure if you would know it was there.

We use bells on the caravan annex which works well (until the wind picks up and at 2am I'm screaming where are u going!!)

My issue with the door alarms is simply husbands turn into bimbos during the night. Ie get up to go to the toilet & decide to go out onto the balcony for fresh air and set the alarm off......

Unhappy neighbours, unhappy wife & kids.......