Deck 6 vs. 7

muddsmom

I am trying to decide if the concierge deck 7 is worth the extra money from deck 6? I know there are lots of extra's listed and it's only $400 more per person, but just wondering. Also, are the bathrooms bigger for A1's vs. B1's? We will be on the new Nautica ship.

The cabins on six and seven decks are the same. We always book early to get the best selection of B cabins just aft of midship, the 6048/6051 cabins.

If you want the larger cabin, you'll need to bump-up to the PH's on deck eight!

My post may not have been specific enough, but, I would not book an A. The B cabins are the same, and, if you can get a good cabin selection, I feel that it's not worth $400pp, as you indicated.

You have an excellent midship location, and, only if "motion" makes a difference would I keep that cabin instead of a B that may be too far fore or aft.

Guest Jancruz

Well Anthony, here is one place you and I part company and I disagree with you..there are cabins on deck 6 that are noisier because they are over all the activities on deck 5..I have always suggested deck 7 as it is between 2 decks of staterooms and the laundry, (if you need it is easy because it is on deck 7) there are certain cabins on deck 6 that I love but I think deck 7 is certainly worth the extra money!!

Jan:)

Always happy to add my 2cents whether anyone wants it or not.

Last year we booked a PH. Although the veranda was larger and the room was a nice size, we felt the "butler" was basically worthless. I had an opportunity to peek in at one of the 7th deck cabins when I was doing laundry. Anyway, for me and for the amount of time we actually spent in the cabin, the extra cost of the PH was not justified so this year we booked the 7th deck. Maybe it's just because I still like to have a few extra perks, insignificant as they may be, if we are spending this much money on a cruise, the difference made me want just a little pampering.

So much for my 2 cents!

Anyway, I am sure that whatever decision you make you will have a lovely trip, just take care in what is below your cabin so that the time you spend in it will be enjoyable.

Regards,

Marsha

I have to add my 2.5 cents (inflation) re the B vs A discussion. On the Insignia a couple of months ago, we were in an A2 right next door to an A1 - concierge class on Deck 7. The "perks" for the additional $300/person were (1) priority embarkation -- when we arrived, we were the only ones there and we boarded immediately; friends who had a B were with us, and they boarded right along with us; (2) shoe shine service -- didn't really need it; (3) DVD player in the room -- we always bring both a laptop and a portable DVD player, so no biggie there; (4) bottle of champagne -- nice touch, but could have purchased our own, had we been so inclined. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think we would have been equally happy (actually delighted with Oceania on our first cruise with them) in a "B".

Mike

Guest Jancruz

It really comes down to personal feelings..if you want the perks and the quietness and convenience of deck 7 than go for it..if not a category B on deck 6 is fine also,

Jan:)

I may be missing something. A while back, I read that they started to give true hair dryers in A, but still used the wall mounted type in B. Also, they installed minibars in A but not in B. Is that true (those changes were made after our cruise in April last year)? Recently someone also mentioned that they guarentee you two sittings in each of the specialty restaurants in A, but only one in B. While A and above (the majority) are given "priority" (how do you give "priority" to the majority?) does it in effect mean that B and below (the minority) are left with the leftovers? Any first hand experience from anyone? Thank you.

While A and above (the majority) are given "priority" (how do you give "priority" to the majority?) does it in effect mean that B and below (the minority) are left with the leftovers? Any first hand experience from anyone? Thank you.

Let's not start with the 'minority' v the majority' and the 'leftovers' again, all very reminiscent of my recent exchange re solo travellers and single supplements!! Wish I was spoilt for choice between A, B, PH or above, but with that whopping single supplement to pay a 'C' is a treat !!!!

Anne

Archived