Pianos on the Carnival ships

4wheelr

We're heading out in about two weeks on The Paradise for a short 4-day cruise. I just recently moved a lot of my sheet music over to my iPad in PDF and wanted to know if anyone can tell me if it is OK to play the various pianos on the ship if they are obviously not being used at that time. I'm not talking about the one in the main rotunda but there are usually pianos in the back bars or the actual piano lounge. It would nice to play some Christmas music while I am waiting on my wife to get ready for dinner. It's not a big deal, but since I'll have it with me I thought I would see what y'all think.

We're heading out in about two weeks on The Paradise for a short 4-day cruise. I just recently moved a lot of my sheet music over to my iPad in PDF and wanted to know if anyone can tell me if it is OK to play the various pianos on the ship if they are obviously not being used at that time. I'm not talking about the one in the main rotunda but there are usually pianos in the back bars or the actual piano lounge. It would nice to play some Christmas music while I am waiting on my wife to get ready for dinner. It's not a big deal, but since I'll have it with me I thought I would see what y'all think.

I think you have good intensions, but more than likely you would be nicely asked to leave.

Just ask at guest services you never know what they will say. Also my ask the PBE if you could play a song during a break (if they take a break) some like it because it keep the crowd from leaving. (If you play well)

On our last cruise my daughter wanted to practice her recital pieces while on the cruise. We asked at guest services if we could use one of the pianos maybe during an off time and they said flat out no. disappointing to say the least.

The pianos aboard have a keyboard lock on 'em, so you can't just walk up and play them. What you need to do is contact the C.D., (Probably will be Steve Cassel ) and ask him if it's O.K. to play. He may want to hear you play before giving you the go ahead, but if he's convinced that you can entertain the other guests, he'll probably see that one of the pianos is unlocked for you. Good luck. It's a big hurdle, but worth the extra effort.

"SKY"