VGT on the magic upgraded on ship

Flygirlchico

Was just on the magic for the Nov10 sailing had a VGT rate and received a whitewall verandah back of ship. Upgraded to regular verandah for very little money midship. Still way cheaper then regular price. Thought the cruise was close to sold out had lots of options for rooms.

Good to hear. :)

Was this out of Miami?

So you upgraded at port?

Do you recall which category you were assigned?

What category did you upgrade to?

How much did it cost to upgrade?

Did you feel the new upgraded cabin was better than the assigned one?

If so why? Just because the whitewall veranda? Perhaps location of cabin?

Were you initially assigned an aft cabin directly on the stern? With an aft view. A Handicapped Accessible (HA) cabin?

Did you check out your initially assigned cabin even though you had upgraded?

Oh, did you enjoy your cruise? lol :D

Sorry for the interrogation. lol

You set yourself up. I know others have the same questions too.

Thanks for reporting back.

TIA

Yes the cruise was out of miami. Upgraded at port. Checked in first wich took about 10 minutes. Moved to guest service line and I swear that line was an hour and only 4 people in front of me they definitely need more people in that line. I paid 175.00 total for the upgrade. I did not check my original cabin I knew that I wanted a clear pexi glass balcony. Plus I wanted to be in the middle of the ship. Thank goodness there was 20 foot swells one night. The weather could have been better only a good day and a half of decent weather. Back to the cabin when I went to change they gave me lots of options I chose room 7094 which was a great location.I was originaly on deck 5 in the back of the ship above animators palate restaurant. That is not a bad location either I just wanted more middle of the ship. I think my original cabin was a 6a then moved to a 5b

Thanks for the response. Yeah a cold front or two created some interesting seas for many vessels recently off FL. Some reported seas easily over 20'.

Glad the new cabin helped.

Port of MIA is often reported as a zoo. Did you sail out on a Sunday? Was that the day when 7-9 ships were in POM? Insane.

So did you have fun? Would you book again w/DCL? Was this your first DCL?

TIA

Edited by bear3412

Thanks for the response. Yeah a cold front or two created some interesting seas for many vessels recently off FL. Some reported seas easily over 20'.

Glad the new cabin helped.

Port of MIA is often reported as a zoo. Did you sail out on a Sunday? Was that the day when 7-9 ships were in POM? Insane.

So did you have fun? Would you book again w/DCL? Was this your first DCL?

TIA

Yes we sailed out on a Sunday. You know checked in was very easy they were a little behind schedule so we were on the boat a little later then usual. The room to wait in was s,aller than port canerval. This was my second dcl cruise the first was nine years ago on the magic.okay I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers but I am not a big disney fan I don't even know if i am a cruise fan. I get a lot of joy seeing my children happy with the characters. The first trip I did was with my sons when they were four and seven I was a recent widow so we needed to get away. This trip was with daughter who is six.we went on the allure of the seas in march and we all had a good time. I even thought that the food and service was good on the allure. The service on Disney is very good I thought the food was good not great. I would book dcl again but I would not do it without children. My boys are too old now for Disney but I would do it again with my daughter.

IGT/OGT/VGT rates are interior/oceanview/verandah rooms offered as special "restricted" fares when DCL is not selling out the ships. They are a significant savings over a regular booking but also carry serious restrictions--like you must pay in full at the time of booking, no changes allowed, etc. READ the fine print before booking one of these, and I strongly recommend trip insurance. There are NO refunds of any amount from DCL on these.

You agree to accept any cabin of the type you book or better on the ship. For instance, with a VGT you will have a verandah room that will hold at least the number of people in your party. NO choice as to location, type of cabin, etc. beyond that it has a verandah. Now, that does not mean you'll be in a cat 7. There are lots of reports of people booking a VGT and getting a cat 4. Likewise, there are people who paid for an IGT and got an oceanview, and a few even got verandah rooms. You can upgrade at the port--your upgrade will be priced as if you booked the lowest cabin in the type. For instance, if you booked a VGT, the CM will look on the chart and find the rate for a cat 7 booking...and then quote you the upgrade price for whatever you want to move into.

It NEVER hurts to ask about the cost of an upgrade. We've been on cruises where many were available at relatively low cost, cruises where there were NO upgrades available despite our being the first family in the terminal, and one cruise where there was an upgrade to the Walt Suite available (CM told us there was a last minute cancellation due to a medical issue).