Well I am in a slight mini-panic right now

Suspicious_Package

Well I am in a slight mini-panic right now.

We have been booked for this cruise for 3.5 months. We booked Aft-Balcony cabins with two other families and have three cabins in a row across the Victory's buttocks for an epic Thanksgiving Cruise. We also booked the interior cabin across from us for our two teenagers and our friends did the same for there's.

At the last minute we decided to surprise my daughter by letting one of her friends go with us. We got it all set up with the girl's mom last night so I called this morning to add her to the interior room. That's when it started...

Me: I would like to add someone to our reservation #XXXXX.

Them: Oh, that room is for 2 people only. We will have to move it to a room down the hall a little bit.

Me: No problem as long as it's on the same deck.

Them:10 minutes later... OK, all finished. The new room is #XXXX interior room for 4.

Me: Outstanding thank you.

3 hours later I log in to print the new boarding passes and get a shock. They moved the wrong room. They moved us out of the AFT balcony into an interior room. Still had the same interior room for the other booking. To add insult to injury, They charged us the same AFT-balcony rate.

I called in and sat on hold for 20 minutes. They answered and said to hold on.

After 10 minutes they told me they were getting a supervisor at Carnival because the AFT-Balconies were sold out. So, between the time they messed up my reservation and the time I called back they either sold my balcony or upgraded someone to it.

Yep... somehow I managed to screw up 3 families' vacation in one quick phone call.

So... here I sit on hold hoping and praying that my online agent can pull this thing off somehow. All I can think now is "Oh crap... my wife is going to freaking kill me"

Edited by Suspicious_Package

That is a pretty crappy si9tuation but it sounds like they told you they were moving you out of an aft balcony.

I hope you can get a decent resolution.

Where do you see this? It clearly says we moved you to room XXXX an interior room for four.

Never, never trust a CCL operator to make adjustments to a booking. If it can be screwed up, they can do it. With having booked with an on-line agent, maybe you should have let them contact CL in the beginning to make the changes.

Good luck, and come back and let us know the outcome.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

Never, never trust a CCL operator to make adjustments to a booking. If it can be screwed up, they can do it. With having booked with an on-line agent, maybe you should have let them contact CL in the beginning to make the changes.

Good luck, and com back and let us know the outcome.

I am dealing with the agent. If you use an agent you can't contact CL directly.

You can, but they somehow often screw up. DW and I use a PVP for all our Carnival bookings, and never had any issues with them in 8 years.

I originally called CCL direct to ask if our dinner reservations were for the same table and they said I had to call our agent and go through them. I don't know, maybe I could have gotten her added to the room if I called them directly but I didn't get that impression after the dinner reservation thing.

So sorry this happened to you. Hopefully Carnival will resolve this to your satisfaction. They could upgrade the person they gave your cabin to so they could put you back in the same cabin to keep your group together.

Come back and let us know what Carnival does to fix it.

Well I am in a slight mini-panic right now.

We have been booked for this cruise for 3.5 months. We booked Aft-Balcony cabins with two other families and have three cabins in a row across the Victory's buttocks for an epic Thanksgiving Cruise. We also booked the interior cabin across from us for our two teenagers and our friends did the same for there's.

At the last minute we decided to surprise my daughter by letting one of her friends go with us. We got it all set up with the girl's mom last night so I called this morning to add her to the interior room. That's when it started...

Me: I would like to add someone to our reservation #XXXXX.

Them: Oh, that room is for 2 people only. We will have to move it to a room down the hall a little bit.

Me: No problem as long as it's on the same deck.

Them:10 minutes later... OK, all finished. The new room is #XXXX interior room for 4.

Me: Outstanding thank you.

3 hours later I log in to print the new boarding passes and get a shock. They moved the wrong room. They moved us out of the AFT balcony into an interior room. Still had the same interior room for the other booking. To add insult to injury, They charged us the same AFT-balcony rate.

I called in and sat on hold for 20 minutes. They answered and said to hold on.

After 10 minutes they told me they were getting a supervisor at Carnival because the AFT-Balconies were sold out. So, between the time they messed up my reservation and the time I called back they either sold my balcony or upgraded someone to it.

Yep... somehow I managed to screw up 3 families' vacation in one quick phone call.

So... here I sit on hold hoping and praying that my online agent can pull this thing off somehow. All I can think now is "Oh crap... my wife is going to freaking kill me"

So, this was a screw up on your online agent's part who if I read it right was not a Carninval PVP which means they need to fix, not Carnival.

So, this was a screw up on your online agent's part who if I read it right was not a Carninval PVP which means they need to fix, not Carnival.

I am now in the hands of a supervisor at the online agency who is working with a supervisor at Carnival. He just checked back and is optimistic. At this point any sentence that doesn't begin with "I'm sorry but..." gives me hope.

I am now in the hands of a supervisor at the online agency who is working with a supervisor at Carnival. He just checked back and is optimistic. At this point any sentence that doesn't begin with "I'm sorry but..." gives me hope.

That's encouraging! I think it will work out fine... maybe they'll toss you some OBC for the trouble :D

A cabin is not going to make or break a cruise. Relax.

Hope it all works out. Why are people afraid of their wives?

Sorry!!! I have to disagree with you here.....:D:D

If we had this booked for months, with other families, and DH blew it, it wouldn't be pretty:eek::eek:

LOL!!!!!

Pretty sure your wife wouldn't be thrilled with you, either.......

Aft Balcony to an inside??????????????????????????????

A cabin is not going to make or break a cruise. Relax.

Hope it all works out. Why are people afraid of their wives?

When we booked three aft-balconies together with other families 3 months ago and paid a premium for them, yeah... this would have a definite suck-factor.

That being said, I have my room back :) They came through for me and put everything right. Now I can tell my wife what happened :)