Carnivial Splendor, Or Msc Divina, Anyone Sailed Both?

Big Jay

I'm Booked On Carnival Splendor, But I'm Seriously Thinking About Switching!!!!!

I Usually Sail Solo, On Msc, YOU Don't Pay A 200% Supplement, It's 150%, And GET THIS...... Deposits Are Only $100.00 p/p!!!

Yes.... You Have Read Correctly, $100.00!!!!!

The Divina Is A Modern Ship, (Built In 2012) And From The Pictures I Saw Of Her She Is A Beauty, Simply Amazing!!!

This Line Has Great Potenial, For Solo Cruisers Like Myself, Who Is Getting Tired Of Paying The 200% Supplement!!!!

Carnival Pay Attention, You Have Some Serious Competion, With Msc, Now In It's First American, Year Round Port In Miama!!!!!:eek:

Edited by Big Jay

I've seen films and pictures of Divina. She is indeed a beauty. I've cruised MSC from FLL. The ships are elegant, but admitidly not as relaxed as Carnival. This new ship is being Americanized, meaning announcements in English vs. 7 languages, water in the dining room (a no no in Europe).

Their rates are very competitive and I've seen some good rates for solos.

I'm Booked On Carnival Splendor, But I'm Seriously Thinking About Switching!!!!!

I Usually Sail Solo, On Msc, YOU Don't Pay A 200% Supplement, It's 150%, And GET THIS...... Deposits Are Only $100.00 p/p!!!

The Divina Is A Modern Ship, (Built In 2012) And From The Pictures I Saw Of Her She Is A Beauty, Simply Amazing!!!

This Line Has Great Potenial, For Solo Cruisers Like Myself, Who Is Getting Tired Of Paying The 200% Supplement!!!!

Carnival Pay Attention, You Have Some Serious Competion, With Msc, Now In It's First American, Year Round Port In Miama!!!!!:eek:

You are comparing a dime a dozen cruise ship out of Florida versus a limited amount of ships crusing out of New York.

Carnival has some ships that have the 100% Single Supplement that also depart from Florida, but on premium ships like the Splendor and anything out of New York or New Jersey, you'll pay the premium 200% Supplement and double deposit.

Edited by ibcnusoon

You are comparing a dime a dozen cruise ship out of Florida versus a limited amount of ships crusing out of New York.

Carnival has some ships that have the 100% Single Supplement that also depart from Florida, but on premium ships like the Splendor and anything out of New York or New Jersey, you'll pay the premium 200% Supplement and double deposit.

Not Quite True..... As A Solo, YOU Do Pay, The 200 Supplement, (This Policy Has Been In Effect The Last Three Years) UNLESS....Carnival Offers A Special Sale Or Promotion, In Which I Still Paid, The 200% Supplement, But A REDUCED Deposit $300.00, Instead Of $600.00! That's ONE Of The Reasons, Why I Had Booked The Splendor!!!

We have "premium" ships here too, they are 200% like there. Those single supplement deals lately are on the smaller and shorter cruises;)

On certain cruises Carnival is waiving the 200% supplement.

Maybe one of these might work for you...

11/20/2013

We have removed the 200% single occupancy supplement on a number of sailings. With this change, singleoccupancy bookings made under any available rate code will be charged 100% of the cruise fare when booking an interior and oceanview stateroom. This offer is capacity controlled and subject to close at any time with out prior notice.

Below is the list of qualifying sailings.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

Thanks for the link, don't see any waivers for cruises out of NYC.

You seem to have a problem with this. If you read the list, it doesn't include MANY sailings nor longer cruises;) It costs far more money for you up north for a ship to just get here. I've seen some decent rates from up there compared to even some here.

You seem to have a problem with this. If you read the list, it doesn't include MANY sailings nor longer cruises;) It costs far more money for you up north for a ship to just get here. I've seen some decent rates from up there compared to even some here.

and the itineraries from NY aren't very good unless you just want to be on a ship and don't care where you are going..

Bill

One year-round ship is hardly serious competition for Carnival.

If anyone knows about MSC, they are the European biggies:) They have sent us their newest and biggest ship, and hope to make a profit here. As for MSC competition, of course they aren't a serious competition at this point, but then again Carnival is no competition in Europe.

One year-round ship is hardly serious competition for Carnival.

We Shall See!!!

I Sail Carnival, Mostly For The Cost!!!, But I Don't Mind Paying A Little Extra, For A Different/Better Experience!!!

I'm Pretty Sure, I'm NOT The Only One Who Feels This Way!!!

Ruthlessboss is correct: MSC's one ship is no more competition for Carnival out of Miami than one Carnival ship is to MSC in Europe.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to try something different – it's what makes the world go 'round. But to imply that Carnival will somehow curse the day when MSC came to town is a bit silly. If nothing else, limited capacity alone is enough to keep MSC at bay.

Smaller deposit is no big factor. You have to pay eventually. I think I would rather put 500 down and have a smaller bill later.

Well I Pay All Of My Cruises By CASH/Debit Card, Why Should I, As A Solo Have To Put Down $600.00, For An 8 Night Cruise That Costs $977.00, And Sail A WHOLE Year Later???

Ruthlessboss is correct: MSC's one ship is no more competition for Carnival out of Miami than one Carnival ship is to MSC in Europe.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to try something different – it's what makes the world go 'round. But to imply that Carnival will somehow curse the day when MSC came to town is a bit silly. If nothing else, limited capacity alone is enough to keep MSC at bay.

No One Is Implying Anything!!! I'm Just Saying As A Solo Cruisers, It's Good To Have More Choices, And Don't Have To Pay The 200% Supplement, Kudos To Norwegian, Msc, And Even Royal Caribbean, For Giving Us Solo Cruisers A Break!!!:)

The title of your post is certainly misleading. I thought you wanted folks who have sailed on both ships to offer a comparison. Looks like you started this thread simply to complain about Carnival's single suppliment policy..

Edited by NYcruzzer

Well I Pay All Of My Cruises By CASH/Debit Card, Why Should I, As A Solo Have To Put Down $600.00, For An 8 Night Cruise That Costs $977.00, And Sail A WHOLE Year Later???

Common business sense would tell you that ANY CRUISE LINE cannot afford to sell all their double occupancy rooms to single cruisers for half price!

Suppose a ship has 1000 double occupancy @ $500pp. That amounts to $1000 per room or $1,000,000 for all the rooms. Now let's book all these rooms to singles. That amounts to $500,000. A loss of half a million dollars per ship per cruise!! This number would greatly increase over the course of one year for multiple ships. THE COST WOULD HAVE TO BE PASSED ON TO OTHER CRUISERS! So I say no way to single rate cruises.

As for as the deposit, it doesn't matter....you will have to pay it later anyways!

Common business sense would tell you that ANY CRUISE LINE cannot afford to sell all their double occupancy rooms to single cruisers for half price!

Suppose a ship has 1000 double occupancy @ $500pp. That amounts to $1000 per room or $1,000,000 for all the rooms. Now let's book all these rooms to singles. That amounts to $500,000. A loss of half a million dollars per ship per cruise!! This number would greatly increase over the course of one year for multiple ships. THE COST WOULD HAVE TO BE PASSED ON TO OTHER CRUISERS! So I say no way to single rate cruises.

As for as the deposit, it doesn't matter....you will have to pay it later anyways!

I'm Not Asking For A Single Rate!!! 125% Or Even 150% Rate, Would Be Fine For Me!!!

You Probably Don't Sail Solo, It's Not Really Not YOUR Concern!!

The title of your post is certainly misleading. I thought you wanted folks who have sailed on both ships to offer a comparison. Looks like you started this thread simply to complain about Carnival's single suppliment policy..

It Wasn't Meant To Be Misleading, I Still Want Comparison Of Both!!!

I'm Simply Trying To Give Other SOLO Cruisers, A Heads Up/Nod, About MSC!!! What's So Wrong With That?? Maybe Some Of You, May Be Cheerleaders, Or Loyal To Carnival, Sorry.... But I'm Not!!!

I just saw the Splendor with a rating of 4.5 and the Divina is a 4.

Not sure who rate these things but that is what I saw.

I wish I can post the site but I think it may be frowned upon here.

First off, Divina has sailed here maybe once so far, so if it's an American doing the rating, that's not adequate.