Breakaway Aft Balcony Vs. Aft Penthouse Suite

nutley chick

I'm booked on the breakaway in an aft balcony but would love to be in a Aft penthouse suite. Right now its about $2600. each vs. $1099. each. I have been watching the prices and am praying that the price comes down some so that I could realize my dream of having a butler. I will be traveling with my sister- in-law and it will be her first cruise. Our final payment isn't due until January 16th so I have some time but I really want one with the larger balcony. I don't want to wait too long if we decide to do this.

My question is.....

1.) Do you think its worth it

2.) Do you think the price will drop before final payment is due? (sailing March 30th)

3.) Do you think they will have black friday specials?

Edited by nutley chick

Aft cabin prices rarely if ever drop and more likely to go up in prices there are so few both reg cabin and penthouse.

Our Panama cruise for 2015 aft PH has gone up $400 pp and there is only 1 P/H left out of 12. Similar situation for the regular aft balconies.

I personally would not book a P/H for Carib. cruise but would definitely book reg aft balcony. You could put that money towards another cruise.

We only book P/H for longer cruises like 14 days or more. JMO

I have an AFT Penthouse booked for Aug 2014. I can't wait to sail in it!! Its huge!! I was on the BA this past summer and took a peak into the cabin I have booked next year. I had Haven access on my cruise and its amazing!! The Penthouse will have access to The Haven. The Haven courtyard has a retractable roof so you can use the pool in cold weather.

If you do decide to switch to the AFT Penthouse your final payment due date will change. Suites have a final payment date 90 days before sailing so your final payment date will change to Jan 1.