Goff's Caye/Island Marketing review Nov 13, 2013

whataboutport

We have been also looking at booking Goffs Cay through Island Marketing. Your review with Pics totally helped. We will be booking this!!!

Here's a link to my lengthy review on Goff's Caye. Booked thru Island Marketing. $40pp incl snorkel equip. Great day. Any questions let me know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40766658#post40766658

Thanks so much for the review. A couple of questions. I had heard negative things about the line at island marketing waiting to check in. How low did you wait?

Also, how rough was the water? We will have a first time snorkeler with us and a beginner. DH and I have snorkeled before. We have our own gear.

Also, how long were you able to snorkel? How long was the tour?

Thanks. The photos really help.

We took the cruise ship excursion directly from the ship and we were the only boat there other than a private cat moored offshore. The IM or another excursion arrived an hour later because those folks had to tender into port and assemble and depart from there. We were just relaxing with rum drinks by the time they arrived. Just something to consider to enjoy the most time there. So this is one of the few excursions we would recommend booking through the ship for that reason.

Gorgeous beach for those just wanting to relax -

571577216_Belizesnorkel.jpg.13e46c8b9f0d846e6cd1d6aa14ce52e1.jpg

We took the cruise ship excursion directly from the ship and we were the only boat there other than a private cat moored offshore. The IM or another excursion arrived an hour later because those folks had to tender into port and assemble and depart from there. We were just relaxing with rum drinks by the time they arrived. Just something to consider to enjoy the most time there. So this is one of the few excursions we would recommend booking through the ship for that reason.

Gorgeous beach for those just wanting to relax -

Which cruise line were you on? Bc I did not see it offered thru Princess otherwise I would have done the same. Also how much was it? IM was $40pp.

Thanks so much for the review. A couple of questions. I had heard negative things about the line at island marketing waiting to check in. How low did you wait?

Also, how rough was the water? We will have a first time snorkeler with us and a beginner. DH and I have snorkeled before. We have our own gear.

Also, how long were you able to snorkel? How long was the tour?

Thanks. The photos really help.

The line was long and they get to the ppl w earlier departure times first. Us having the latest departure time had to wait longest. I think total waiting while actually standing in line was about 15 mins.

The water wasn't rough, but the current was strong. I really suggest to use the vests. Snorkel time wasn't long, about half hour? And total tour was about 3-4 hrs actually on the island. If I remember correctly, we were off the ship on the 9am tender and on the island about 10:30.

Thanks for the great review. This has prompted to book Goff's Caye via Island Marketing on my upcoming Xmas cruise.

They seem to show that they will be operating on Christmas Day, the day that we arrive in Belize. At least, I can get priority tender tickets so won't be an issue for me to get to the port. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get nice weather.

Which cruise line were you on? Bc I did not see it offered thru Princess otherwise I would have done the same. Also how much was it? IM was $40pp.

We were on Carnival, looks like they only offer Water Caye now. We're trying to line up a cat sail/beach stop for our Feb visit, but for anyone looking for a great snorkel and a nice beach I would also recommend GC.

The line was long and they get to the ppl w earlier departure times first. Us having the latest departure time had to wait longest. I think total waiting while actually standing in line was about 15 mins.

The water wasn't rough, but the current was strong. I really suggest to use the vests. Snorkel time wasn't long, about half hour? And total tour was about 3-4 hrs actually on the island. If I remember correctly, we were off the ship on the 9am tender and on the island about 10:30.

Could you not reenter?

I've reserved Goff's Cay. I previously went to Rendezvous Cay where snorkel time was not limited.

They take you out on the boat and you snorkel back to the shore. I guess if u really took your time it would be longer. There were kids that continued to snorkel from the beach but they're wasn't any coral there just fish. Yes I wish the snorkel time was longer.

For our visit to Goff's Caye you entered the water from the beach and followed the reef out as the Caye is part of that as I understood it. I didn't snorkel that day and just enjoyed the beach and the day but everyone said it was amazing. At least one of the guides would stay out as long as anyone wanted to snorkel. There may be better snorkeling further out but we docked at the Caye until we left to return to the ship.

Edited by blue_water

Just booked Goff's Caye through Island Marketing. Mainly due to your pics and review. Thank you! We were thoroughly stumped on what to do in Belize. Ok, so stupid question. Got the email today with our confirmation. Confused about Belize time and ships time. Do you know what the difference is? I am sure i can call the front desk, but want to be prepared as i am my group's contact. Thank you! Yes, you can go ahead and have a chuckle at my expense ! ;)

Here's a link to my lengthy review on Goff's Caye. Booked thru Island Marketing. $40pp incl snorkel equip. Great day. Any questions let me know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40766658#post40766658

Just booked Goff's Caye through Island Marketing. Mainly due to your pics and review. Thank you! We were thoroughly stumped on what to do in Belize. Ok, so stupid question. Got the email today with our confirmation. Confused about Belize time and ships time. Do you know what the difference is? I am sure i can call the front desk, but want to be prepared as i am my group's contact. Thank you! Yes, you can go ahead and have a chuckle at my expense ! ;)

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed my review and I hope you have a wonderful time!

I am always confused on time as well, so NOT a stupid question. What port are you sailing out of? I got the email confirmation from Island Marketing and it said usually ship's time is 1-2 hours later than local time (depending on Daylight savings), that is IF you are sailing out of FL. I sailed out of Houston so the time was the same, which made it easy for me.

Keep in mind that the tender boats are quite slow. Took about 25 mins to get to the shore. Also you have to wait to board the tender. Give yourself a good hour from leaving your cabin to getting to the meeting spot.

Also IF your ship changes the time, there should be some sort of announcement. If not sure, ask the crew member before you leave the ship and sync your watch to ship time. Some ships change time to local time, some do not.

Edited by whataboutport