Sleep Inn, Dania Beach

CruisinCadie

We stayed at this hotel back in 2012 and liked it very much. I know areas and management change, so we wondered if it was still a decent place, and is the area still safe? There was a plaza with restaurants across the street--is that still okay? Especially the Mexican one? They provided free shttle service from the airport and to the port. Is that still available?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Kathy

We stayed there last April pre-cruise and it was fine. We called the hotel and they sent the shuttle within minutes. We had two connecting rooms; both were clean and well maintained. The Mgt. was friendly, the breakfast above average, offering sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy and waffles in addition to the usual hotel fare of bagels, cereal fruit and yogurt. The pool area had just been updated with new pool furniture and it too was clean and maintained.

I would probably book there again as it offered everything that we needed at a decent price. In addition, having stores and restaurants within walking distance was very convenient.

I am staying at this hotel next Sunday for one night prior to our cruise out of the Port of Miami. I liked its location and it got good reviews on trip advisor.

There is a Publix grocery store across the street from the hotel so we can pick up our pop and water.

To the OP when do you cruise I will be doing a photo review when I return from our cruises and I will report back on this hotel.

Hi,

Have already got a hotel booked off of Stirling. But would be willing to change if the Sleep Inn has/offers a free shuttle from FLL and either free or nominal fee ($10. pp or less for 5) to the port and then would be willing to pay about the same from the port to FLL

barb

They started charging for port shuttles this year, and they might even charge for cruise parking. It's still a good deal but some of the value has decreased due to these changes. The safety of the neighborhood is unlikely to change, as it is east of US1.

Nice Mexican restaurant across the street and drug store across the parking lot. Stayed there a few years back and will be back again in the winter. Cheap clean and handy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nice Mexican restaurant across the street and drug store across the parking lot. Stayed there a few years back and will be back again in the winter. Cheap clean and handy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Show your hotel card at the mexican restaurant and you will be given a discount. Love their Mexican pizza....so good:D:D

I am staying at this hotel next Sunday for one night prior to our cruise out of the Port of Miami. I liked its location and it got good reviews on trip advisor.

There is a Publix grocery store across the street from the hotel so we can pick up our pop and water.

To the OP when do you cruise I will be doing a photo review when I return from our cruises and I will report back on this hotel.

We cruise the beginning of March. As I said, we liked it very much when we stayed there in 2012. We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant, using the hotel discount, and got our pop at Walgreens. We liked the shuttle service from the airport and to the port. The website is showing $5 per person for the shuttle to the port, which is still reasonable.

As I recall, the Publix grocery store was a bit of a hike, but I could be wrong on that.

Thanks to all who replied.

Kathy

We've stayed there several times in the past. The most recent being May 2013. There is a 24 hour Walgreens right next door (closest). Across the road is a plaza with pizza, Mexican Restaurant, Dollar Tree, and Publix. All were a relatively short walk. Note: There is a deli inside of Publix that made fresh hot and cold subs that were very good! The airport shuttle is free. The shuttle to Port Everglades is $5pp each way.

After watching it snow all day here I am really looking forward to being in Florida on Sunday. I am hoping that after dinner on Sunday night that I will be able to relax with a dip in the pool. Do ya think it will be too cold for a swim??

I hear ya about the cold weather. I'm not too far from ya !

I just got back from Fla last week (St.Pete) and the weather was plenty nice enough for swimming and the beach. Weather can turn on a dime, but if you are coming from single digits, it should be just fine.

PS: love your reviews, looking forward to another good one.

Cari

:)

I hear ya about the cold weather. I'm not too far from ya !

I just got back from Fla last week (St.Pete) and the weather was plenty nice enough for swimming and the beach. Weather can turn on a dime, but if you are coming from single digits, it should be just fine.

PS: love your reviews, looking forward to another good one.

Cari

:)

Thank-You....I was thinking that the weather will be perfect for a swim after dinner.

I will definitely be doing another photo review when I return so be on the lookout for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They started charging for port shuttles this year, and they might even charge for cruise parking. It's still a good deal but some of the value has decreased due to these changes. The safety of the neighborhood is unlikely to change, as it is east of US1.

I would greatly appreciate you elaborating on that part of your statement I have hi-lited in bold. Is the area around Sleep Inn in Dania not safe????.

I would greatly appreciate you elaborating on that part of your statement I have hi-lited in bold. Is the area around Sleep Inn in Dania not safe????.

It is safe. I was responding to CruisinKatie who asked (above) "Is the area still safe?", when I said "The safety of the neighborhood is unlikely to change, as it is east of US1".

It is safe. I was responding to CruisinKatie who asked (above) "Is the area still safe?", when I said "The safety of the neighborhood is unlikely to change, as it is east of US1".

Thank you for the reassurance. I am staying there on Sunday night.

• 3 months later...
Do the regular shuttle companies (QLS, SAS, MJS) offer service to POM from this hotel? If so, any idea of the charge?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!

Can't speak for the others but we used QLS from the Sleep Inn & Suites to POM. It is one of the hotels on thier FLL list. We had 5 in our group and I believe they charged around $13 and change pp each way. We also used them for port pick-up after the cruise back to FLL airport.

The service was top-notch. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Professional drivers, constant contact by their CSU dept and clean, up to date shuttles. Plus they start FLL hotel pick-ups as early as 9 am. We had a 9 am p/u and arrived at the port around 9:40. After taking our bags over to the porter, we were the first group in the doors when they opened at 10am. It was nice to get there early and board early.

Good luck to you.