Sorry another cancel ES question

b_cruise

Thanks for the help in advance!!

1. Rebooking cruise after canceling the early saver and paying the 50 per person, now do u have to rebook under early saver again?

2. If I cancel second cruise, will there be fees( probably depends on answer to #1).

3. can I change one of the cruisers names?

4. If I cancel early saver and hold the deposit for the two years and still can not go, can I book a cruise and then cancel again to gain another two years?

I'm trying to wait for Europe, lol!!

Thanks for the help in advance!!

1. Rebooking cruise after canceling the early saver and paying the 50 per person, now do u have to rebook under early saver again?I'm not 100% sure, but I think once you're booked early saver, you're always early saver

2. If I cancel second cruise, will there be fees( probably depends on answer to #1).Yes

3. can I change one of the cruisers names?I don't believe name changes are allowed-you could ask though-would probably cost you;)

4. If I cancel early saver and hold the deposit for the two years and still can not go, can I book a cruise and then cancel again to gain another two years?Not 100% sure (again:o), but I don't think you could gain another 2 years-use it or lose it; otherwise, one could do this over and over

I'm trying to wait for Europe, lol!!

I think Europe will wait for you, though!

Thanks....I read once early saver always early saver but then another poster said once u pay the fee and rebook, you may rebook under any category.?

If you do an Early Saver cancellation before final payment, then later book a different cruise than what you originally booked, then you can use whatever rate you want. The deposits from the ES cancellation (minus $50pp) will be applied to the final payment of the new booking, as new deposits would have to be put down. This is probably how it would have to be done. If you are cancelling & booking a different cruise all in one step, they may not be willing to simply transfer the deposits (minus $50pp). That would be seen as changing the sail date and/or ship, and not actually changing the booking, so you would still be ES.

The "once ES always ES" is true for a particular booking. But once that booking is totally cancelled, it's over. You can rebook under any rate. However, if you are rebooking the same sailing, just trying to get free from ES, I don't think that will work. They have always said that the money from the deposit will be held for a future cruise and cannot be used for that same sailing. But if you are putting down new deposits, they might allow it.

2. If you cancel the 2nd cruise before final payment, and you are not Early Saver, there will be no fees. The 2nd set of deposits will be refunded, but keep in mind that the deposits from the 1st booking will not be refunded. That will continue to be held for a future cruise. This is why Carnival does it that way: applying that money from the 1st booking to the final payment & not the deposits. Otherwise, it would be very easy for us to manipulate the system to get all but $50pp back.

3. If you get out from Early Saver, you can change names for free up until final payment. After final payment, it's a $50 fee. But again, no name changes under Early Saver ever, not even for a fee (except if it's the same person who changed their name).

4. I doubt that you could get away with that, but I'm not sure.

Edited by k2excursion