Dawn Review - warning: It's Positive

laughoutloud

First of all, let me say how sorry I am for the loss of your sister.

What I'm hearing is a lot of emotion in your words, so that may have been one of the reasons things seemed so out of whack for you on NCL this time. Naturally, you and your family wanted to make this last cruise for your sister extra special...and unfortunately, it didn't feel that way. I'm sure that the very fact that your sister was ill added greatly to your disappointment in this cruise. Your expectations might have been higher because you wanted it to be perfect for her. Perhaps under different circumstances where no one was ill, the 14 of you might have been able to overlook some things. I'm surprised that you would suddenly have a bad experience after so many previous cruises with NCL.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I used to sail NCL specifically. My husband and I have sailed with them since 1991. I wouldn't sail NCL again, if they gave me a free cabin! We went last year with 14 people and couldn't even eat together - why was it a big deal? I have 8 sisters, one of which was diagnosed with lung cancer and we decided to do a sister/daughter cruise. I talked her into going NCL because I thought it was wonderful. They did absolutely nothing to accommodate us. The travel agent had told them ahead of time about the circumstances, so they knew. My sister passed away May 15 of this year and that was her last cruise. My family was so upset by this whole thing, they will NEVER sail NCL again. Plus for the fact that my sister and I paid an additional $1700 (on top of the $4000 she already paid) to have her and her 3 daughters upgraded to another room, and they couldn't even fit their luggage in the room! The only good thing about this cruise was the cruise director, Paul Baya, who made sure we at least had a good time on the ship. It was frustrating, irritating, the food was lousy and because of this, I will never sail with them again. I have since booked a cruise on Holland America.

Good luck!

We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants, partly because we're cheap :p but mostly because we liked the Venetian so much. Okay, so the menu was a little whack, but the room was so beautiful, and the servers were fantastic.

Sorry, but I have to ask...what exactly does it mean when you say, "the menu was a little whack"? I suspect it's an inter-generational issue. It reminds me of the famous line from the great movie, Cool Hand Luke, when Strother Martin says to Paul Newman, "What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

Sorry, John. I was trying to be "cool." (how dated) The food was good, but the choices were kind of fancy for us. We are a very basic, home-cooked meals, meat (or fish) & potatoes family. I'm now realizing I should have used the word gourmet instead of whack.;)

Sorry, John. I was trying to be "cool." (how dated) The food was good, but the choices were kind of fancy for us. We are a very basic, home-cooked meals, meat (or fish) & potatoes family. I'm now realizing I should have used the word gourmet instead of whack.;)

If you like good basic food your next ship should be the Sun. Pacific Hieghts offers what they call cooking light but I call homestyle cooking. Pork chops, meatloaf, pasta, fish etc.

Nothing "whack" but for some that is good. :D

Archived