Hair Dryers & Clothes Lines???

bogie113

Last year we were in PH8052. This year we are in 7042. I thought the duifference in price would probably buy me something really nice and I didn't really see the benefit of the PH except for more room and the tub [which I would never use away from home 'cause I'm nuts].

Anyway....Question... Is there a hairdryer IN THE ROOM as there was in the PH room or is there just the one attached to the wall in the little lav. Secondly, in the PH room we were able to hang stuff to dry on the shower curtain pole. Is there anywhere in the 7th floor cabin like this, i.e. one of those clothes lines that pull across the shower stall. While we are on the subject, is there a shower door or a shower curtain?

Anyway, once again, any help will be G R E A T L Y appreciated.

Thanks

Marsha

The hairdryer is attached to the wall, right above the toilet, I recall, with a vacuum cleaner-type tube that should extend to the sink. Don't pull too hard, because those devices are probably a decade old - my wife tugged so hard on ours that the tube disconnected itself from the fixture. Some pax bring their own hair dryers to plug into one of the two AC/DC sockets in the cabin, but then you run the risk of blowing a circuit onboard if you use a high-voltage dryer.

There might be enough room to string a clothesline inside the shower, but the stall itself is barely big enough to turn around in (oh, the agony of downsizing from a PH). Don't be surprised if you feel like you're been groped the first time you use the shower - that's just the shower curtain making friends with you. Leave the shower curtain opened for just a crack when turning on the hot water, to equalize the air pressure and thereby avoiding the suction effect.

If you need to do your own laundry, you can use the dryers on the 7th deck or let them dry on your balcony - bring some clothespins to hold them down, lest they blow awy. (Do today's kids even know what clothespins are?!? Help! I'm beginning to sound like my father!!!)

A suggestion:

If you prefer, bring a good quality clothesline.

There's a good one available from magellans.com

It's sturdy and lightweight; I've used it everywhere.

-mistik

The hairdryers on Oceania were obviously purchased and installed by almost bald men with about 4 strands of hair.

First - A wall attached hairdryer in a tiny bathroom used by two people is not a well thought out concept. Can't dry your hair while the other person showers or if bathroom is still steamy.

Second - Now do this: Purse your lips together and blow, like you're blowing out birthday candles on a cake.

You've just been given a demo on how strong the air current is on Oceania's hair dryers. If this is enough for you, terrific. Everyone else, bring a dryer!

The shower stall had one of those closelines that pulls out from one wall and clips into a thing-a-ma-bob on the other wall and then snaps back into it's little home when you're finished with it.

Jane

To Bogie113,

I recently read that Concierge level staterooms have had "hand-held hair dryers" added to the cabins on deck 7. You are in a Concierge level so you will probably have the upgraded hair dryer. If not, I would call housekeeping for one. If you want to read all the upgrades, go to Oceania's website or a recent brochure.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Archived