Dream Deluxe OV on deck 2 ... Forward or Aft?

CDNJehn

I have a few choices for booking, wondering if anyone has experiences on Main, forward or aft. One section would be below the theatre, one section below the dining room. We can choose from cabin 2420, 2428, 2436, 2453, 2461 OR 2238, 2240, 2255, 2259. Anyone have feedback on these locations? Is one area quieter than the other? Thanks!

We were just in 2461 on the Dream 2 weeks ago. Loved the cabin and the location. There is some minor vibrations when sailing and stronger vibrations when docking. It did not bother us and we would book the same cabin again.

if you can get 2485 would be amazing, that is deluxe ocean view on dream we have it booked for new years! it looks larger than the suite we had in June as its two rooms joined with some space missing for stairway

there are some images on cruise line rooms dot com choose carnival dream then 2485 huge

That DOES look like a nice room, sadly it's not available. :(

• 3 months later...

I have always been partial to forward rooms on deck 2. Of course, I'm usually in one of the porthole rooms, either the category PT or the 1A with portholes. Those are below the backstage area, and there is no noise at all from above. If I were below the theater, that wouldn't bother me, as the shows are always done by 11:30 at the latest. In January on the Dream, the show for late diners was always at 7:00, so by 10:00, the theater was empty except for Night 7 with the Legends Show. They do rehearse in the daytimes, so afternoon naps might get some noise. I love being in the forward part of Deck 2, because there are 10 elevators right there, including the glass ones. They take me all the way up to the waterslides, plus being forward is easy access to the theater, for getting off/on the ship in port, and for debarkation. In January, we had a deluxe OV on Riviera deck, which saved $20. To use the glass elevators, we only needed to climb 1 floor of stairs.

I have noticed that on some ships I've been on, the lower aft rooms tend to get more vibrations and strange, random noises from the ship. Any noises or movement in the forward rooms seem to be more consistent and predictable, therefore, easier to sleep through. Now, when coming into or leaving a port, both the forward & the aft will get some strange, random sounds. But it's time to wake up by then anyway. If you decide on an aft room below the dining room, you will have no problems with noise from the dining room. The dining room is carpeted, and it's totally empty all night long.

Does anyone knw if the Fwd cabins on the 2nd deck do you feel a lot of movement from the ship?

We just booked a room on the magic and I'm wondering about movement since I get motion sickness

Forward cabins do feel more motion than midship. I have also heard the sound of the waves hitting the front of the ship. The noise & motion are pretty consistent, so it hasn't bothered me that much. I would recommend that you prepare with whatever seasickness treatments work for you. It's not a huge amount more than midship, but it is more.

Edited by k2excursion