They changed all of our port days .. happen often???

Jldevlin

Our second leg of our b2b ..oh yeah 2b ... was changed a month or so ago .. we like to do independent tours and wonder if they will change them again. It is for the month of February.. how late has anyone had their ports changed ????

it can happen if there are too many ships in port that day..as it can have negative effects on tenders, etc.

If you book 'the right' independent tours and you don't port that day, they should refund you with no problem. Once they have announced the changes, its not likely they will change it again, unless something like weather becomes an issue..

It happens and generally will not tell you why. If caused by weather than they will tell you.

Completely changed cruise on Miracle a few years ago due to engine problems and they allowed us to change ship because of the change.

Our second leg of our b2b ..oh yeah 2b ... was changed a month or so ago .. we like to do independent tours and wonder if they will change them again. It is for the month of February.. how late has anyone had their ports changed ????

Independent tours booked, or you do them random when you get off the ship?

Independent tours booked, or you do them random when you get off the ship?

We always book before we go ... and only with ones with good ratings on cruise critic and trip advisor . And I know the tour operators are used to dealing with this but wonder how you go about letting them know you will not be in port on the day you say you will but still want to book with them. We always have a list of things to do in each port just in case but there are a few things on our bucket list for this trip that we really want to do. They only changed the second leg of our trip .. they left the first one alone.

They changed one of my ports a few years back.... to Key West... uh, I live in Florida, and didn't want to cruise to Key West... So they let me cancel without fees, and I rebooked on another cruise.

They kept all the ports just changed the dates around and the times in each ... no big deal to us if we know that they will stay the same from now on. And being from Canada I would love to go to Key West !!!!!!! But I get you would not consider that a holiday lol .. Like me taking a cruise to Seattle lol

When booking independently, they often ask what ship we will be on. If a ship switches out port days, local tour operators will know. We've had tour operators meet us on our new, surprise dates, and the tours proceeded as originally planned.

Wow, you have been very, very lucky!! Most of us would have to buy an internet package to get in touch with the tour guides, eating up any savings.

We have had several ports changed on us due to weather or too many ships in port. Some were on the ship (mostly for weather), some just before sailing and recently we had changes in our Hawaii 15 day sailing several times. Once in the Spring-we left in Oct and once 2 weeks before sailing, that some were not even aware of until they boarded. We take tours with Carnival as well as independent tours and when looking at the non-carnival ones I look very closely at the cancellation policy. I always go with one I can cancel.