Epic Balcony 14092

BurtonRiderT6

So we got upgraded from inside to balcony. Didn't think much of it from a negative stand point but as I look at the deck layout I noticed it's between the Gym and the kids center and also located under the pool deck. Has anyone stayed in this room or close to this room? If so did you experience a lot of noise? Our last cruise we were under the main buffet hallway/bathroom and didn't experience any noise from above. That was on the Sun, I know the EPIC is newer and some things aren't made like they used to be. E.G. modern day apartments have paper thin walls and floors. Just curious as what to expect, might make sense as to the big category jump for us. Low level Inside to higher end Balcony (I'm aware there's no Oceanview.)

You should not have any issues in that location at all. That's a dead-end hallway and should not have any foot traffic other than for those specific rooms. The only access to the kid's area is by the front elevators, so you won't get any of that traffic either. Also, the entry to the gym and spa is by the rear elevators. Again, nowhere near you.

The rooms on the Epic are surprisingly quiet. We stayed in 14022 and had no noise from above or the sides, even though we know that our neighbors were noisy (loud when they got into the hall or balcony)

Great upgrade! We are looking to upgrade on the Epic (from an inside as well). How close to your cruise date did you get this upgrade?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was looking at the cruise prices trying to convince someone that they should go as the prices drop closer to the sail date. I noticed that I had booked my inside at $509/person and that the balcony's were now at $549/person. So I called up and asked him (PCC) if I'd be eligible to upgrade. He put me on hold and about 5-10 minutes later he came back and had good news. I had been upgraded to a family balcony and I got to keep my on board credit from the inside booking all at no additional charge. So I went and checked the price of my new category and it was $729/person. I believe it was about 3 weeks from the sail date. We set sail this Saturday.

I kinda wondered if my birthday being Friday had anything to do with it. I have no clue what they look at when determining upgrades but I felt like it was way more than expected which left me questioning the room location. All in all NCL is awesome. Oh and two days after that I found out my grandmother (Lives in CT, myself in VA) will be on the Royal Princess in port at St. Thomas the same time we will be. So it was a string of great news.

Good luck to you getting an upgrade. I really hope you do.

Edited by BurtonRiderT6