I don't normally buy Cruise Insurance what happen if.....

dawcruiser

I am flying from Nashville, Tennessee to London England Friday August 19th. I bought my air through Princess. What happen if we miss the sailing due to airline problem, e.i. canceled flights or late flights? Will the ship or airline see that I get to the ship at the next port?

Don

We always get travel insurance it provides that extra peace of mind, and we have seen too many people have accidents or be ill on trips, just worth the extra $$ to us.

Cori

Not sure what insurance covers but I would certainly consider it. In answer to your question, no the ship or airline will not necessarily make sure you get there. Due to weather we missed several connections on princess arranged flights to a med. cruise 2 weeks ago. Called Princess headquarters and were basically told well see what you can arrange with the airline and keep us posted. We spent hours in long airport lines and alot of time arguing with airline personnel. Airline was unable to get us on another flight until 24 hours later, we attepmted to get cruiseline to help find a flight with another airline to get us to port in time for sailing and were told sorry, no can do. We were finally routed to the the first port once it was determined we would miss the ship (unfortunately there was a day at sea in between, so we sat in airports for 2 days) but it was not an easy process and the cruiseline was of no help and the airlines kept saying 'weather delays/cancellations are not our fault' in their attempt to make us purchase forwarding tickets on other flights.

Archived