Fax availability?

magandab

Does anyone have personal knowledge regarding fax availability onboard ship? I know that I can (and will) call ship services but I also know they don' t always have the right answer. I am right in the middle of a probate sale of my brother's home and might need to sign and return a document or two during the two weeks we are gone. So, no matter the price, will I be able to fax a document from the ship?

Thanks.

I do not have personal knowledge; however this site says there is:

"Facsimile service is available on board. Please contact the Front Office for cost and other information if you wish to take advantage of this service. Additional communication instructions can be found in your travel documents or on board the vessel in your cabin information directory."

http://onlinecruiseservice.com/HollandAmerica/Info/FAQ.html

My DH has received and sent faxes while aboard several HAL ships though it has been a few years.

They were delivered to our cabin promptly and sent with no difficulty.

Edited by sail7seas

I suspect DH had our PCC get the FAX number in advance of our sailing.

I have no idea the cost. DH was happy to have the service and simply paid whatever they charged. He didn't comment so it couldn't have been ridiculously excessive or I am sure he would have said something to me.

Just sayin': you could have a plan B,

a. sending a FAX via the internet. I've done it numerous times for free on http://faxzero.com/ or use any other online service.

b. buy an internet package, receive the document to be signed via email.

c. print it out on the ship's printer in the Explorer Lounge.

d. have a portable wand scanner with you; you can get a portable wand scanner for around $50 - $60 now.

Magic-Wand-portable-scanner.jpg

e. scan the signed document and load document into your computer via USB port.

f. send it off via internet FAX.

I'm pretty sure that would work (if you had a wand scanner, etc.)

:p

Just sayin': you could have a plan B,

a. sending a FAX via the internet. I've done it numerous times for free on http://faxzero.com/ or use any other online service.

b. buy an internet package, receive the document to be signed via email.

c. print it out on the ship's printer in the Explorer Lounge. To avoid confusion.. you mean Exploration Cafe.

d. have a portable wand scanner with you; you can get a portable wand scanner for around $50 - $60 now.

Magic-Wand-portable-scanner.jpg

e. scan the signed document and load document into your computer via USB port.

f. send it off via internet FAX.

I'm pretty sure that would work (if you had a wand scanner, etc.)

:p

My underline and bold above.

Edited by sail7seas

You can also arrange to use a document signing software - just signed tons of paper to sell a house in a similar situation. Most realtors will know how to do this. The doc link that we needed to review and sign was attached to an email, we pushed the link, reviewed the document, electronically signed (we had previously registered our signatures through the software link) and pushed Done - that was all it took.

You can also arrange to use a document signing software - just signed tons of paper to sell a house in a similar situation. Most realtors will know how to do this. The doc link that we needed to review and sign was attached to an email, we pushed the link, reviewed the document, electronically signed (we had previously registered our signatures through the software link) and pushed Done - that was all it took.

Not all RE Board allow document signing software. Magandab will have to check with her realtor. That is the preferred method, my board has just allowed us to do this. Finally paperless! Please don't take photos of docs! It drives the lawyers crazy because the photos are usually unreadable.

I am a realtor and haven't faxed anything in years. All my docs are scanned. Super easy, your realtor can just email you your docs, print and scan. If there is no scanner at the explorations cafe, just ask the front desk. I have done many a deal this way. The front desk staff have always been very helpful, and because it is a business transaction, they have never charged me.

Best of luck with the sale of your brother's home.

Thanks Sun. I figured a photo of the docs would not work, but I remember from earlier legal offices (I'm a paralegal) that a legal determination was made years and years ago, that a faxed signature was to be considered an original. At that time, it was cutting edge technology.

If there is no scanner at the front desk, or Neptune Lounge, I'll take it to the front desk to be faxed. If there is a charge, I'll pay it, no questions asked. We have multiple very high offers, cash sales with short escrows, and I want to be able to accept one just as soon as the court says I can.

Thanks Sail. I figured there had to be a way; that people have to conduct business even while on a cruise, not to mention the business of the ship. I just wanted to be able to tell the realtor (who was surprised to find I'd have email access) that I could sign and return documents if I had to.

You will have no problem Magandab. Your realtor will ask for a longer irrevocable for all paperwork(24-48hours) in order for you to respond. This is by typical for estate sales as often there are several folks who must sign the docs. As soon as the probate is done, you can "officially" sell. The front desk has a full office, so they will always be your best bet. I know it will be a pain to check your email when on vacay!

You will have no problem Magandab. Your realtor will ask for a longer irrevocable for all paperwork(24-48hours) in order for you to respond. This is by typical for estate sales as often there are several folks who must sign the docs. As soon as the probate is done, you can "officially" sell. The front desk has a full office, so they will always be your best bet. I know it will be a pain to check your email when on vacay!

Actually we will be selling in probate, as-is. I am the executor with full authority and my mother is the only heir. Out only hold-up is that the probate referee has to do an appraisal first. We've had one done so it should be easier. Los Angeles County consolidated all probate matters into one court so things move slowly.