Good place for watching sail away from land?

I will be in Bradenton FL at the end of Dec. (south of Tampa) and I will have some random time on my hands and thought since I can't go ON the cruise maybe I could go watch some sail away and wave happily as it goes out to the gulf.

Do you have any suggestions where I could go without having to drive back over the bridge to the Tampa side??

Just thought it would be a fun way to kill some time if possible.

Don't know much about watching cruise ships leave out of Tampa.

But, It seems you can head north and hop on I275 North towards St. Petersburg and before you get to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge there's a rest area/fishing pier you may be able to get a good view of the ships crossing under the bridge.

Probably a 15 minute drive, give or take depending on where you are staying at.

G85 SS; I think you found a great place!!! It looks like I can drive all the way out there too!! Now I'm really excited to waste some time ship watching. I should have zoomed in closer on the map, I didn't even see that little sliver of a frontage road.

Thank you very much!! It appears as though it comes pretty close to the middle of the bridges length so we should be able to see one or two.

G85 SS; I think you found a great place!!! It looks like I can drive all the way out there too!! Now I'm really excited to waste some time ship watching. I should have zoomed in closer on the map, I didn't even see that little sliver of a frontage road.

Thank you very much!! It appears as though it comes pretty close to the middle of the bridges length so we should be able to see one or two.

Check it out with Google Earth.