Paradise - NO FRIDGES - Cooler Options?

connieh1968

Here you go - straight from Carnival:

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-545894

If you plan to carry on the cooler make sure that it doesn't exceed the 12"x12"x12" dimensions. When researching coolers earlier this year I found lots of threads stating that coolers were confiscated, even if only a very small amount over (less than an inch) in one direction and smaller in another. I plan to carry on my drinks and pack my cooler in the checked bag (with makeup, etc. inside).

• 1 month later...
Here you go - straight from Carnival:

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-545894

Does the 12" cube apply to soft, fold-up ones or just hard side?

Guess we will be drinking our wine all at once rather than saving it for later ;)

~Bob~

Does the 12" cube apply to soft, fold-up ones or just hard side?

Guess we will be drinking our wine all at once rather than saving it for later ;)

~Bob~

The size restriction is so they will fit thru the security scanners at check in. I've got a round collapsible one that is closer to 24" tall by 18" diameter. I pack it folded up in my checked luggage and no one cares.