**My (Still Platinum) Western Liberty Review 11/16-11/23 With Pics**

cuted126

So we got to the port and hauled a** to the entrance. When I tell you we barely made it……we barely made it.

They were about to close the place down. I still got my platinum perk of check-in in the captain lounge, but we couldn’t put money on our account or anything. The only thing they said was "Here is your S & S cards, now go that way." No embarkation photo or anything. When we got to the ramp to walk on to this ship, it felt like we had won the war. At 3:23, we could finally breathe easy and stepping on that ship really did feel like a victory!

We only had time to walk to our room, put our stuff down and head to muster drill! And you better believe after muster drill was done; we got our first Fun Ship Specials. OMG, this day had been exhausting as ever. I told myself at this moment, that I really needed to make it so I’d never have to fly in the day of a cruise. This type of stress will send a person into some type of cardiac arrest. :eek:

The good thing about previously sailing Liberty is that I'd already taken many pics of the ship and it’s décor. I like to take my ship pics right when I board. Not only that, but when they had the deck parties, I already knew the dances they did lol!! I LOVE to dance to YMCA on the cruise ships lol!! Dancing to that at the sail away party was a HUGE stress reliever from the day I’d had.

11261577116_8e115df953_z.jpg

We usually sail during September and I’ve also sailed in April and May but November was so different. It was actually chilly when we started sailing :eek: and I was not used to that 5:30pm sunset on a cruise at all. We watched sail away for a bit and then we went inside.

11261577546_7001f12ab2_z.jpg

11261577466_50d0d6aaf0_z.jpg

11261576806_e1c9260b16_z.jpg

11261585134_d69e39ce05_z.jpg

A few pics from around the ship! I have lots more pics in my previous review.

Victoria Lounge

11261631773_c9d9f9ee1e_z.jpg

This is in the room right beside the Victoria Lounge. I think karaoke was held in this room sometimes. I have no idea, I only went in to take pics!

11261584794_7b5e5025af_z.jpg

The taste bar

11261630613_fb4707458b_z.jpg

11261574746_71fd647204_z.jpg

I love the Sail and Sign Kiosks! So convenient! Find them on Deck 3 and Deck 5

11261583144_5e1ee9e361_z.jpg

Venetian Palace

11261574166_d5be0a0291_z.jpg

Library

11261582474_81505aef8b_z.jpg

So we decided to sit in the Lobby for a bit. We were accompanied by this strong "Blue Motorcycle"

11261543105_6c67fab855_z.jpg

The bartender that made it for us referred to it as a "Blue Long Island". Anyway, we sat here for a bit and listened to "Music & Magic" They were EXCELLENT! I don't remember seeing them at all in September. I could listen to them sing all day!

11261543405_e4b1d8d1f0_z.jpg

The guy in the group was very sweet! I told him he could "sang", not "sing" but "sang" he laughed, said thank you and told me when they would be singing again! Make sure you check them out!

While you listen to them sing,you can watch that beautiful chandelier change colors :D

11261572986_d697b6d8b2_z.jpg

At this point, my mom decided she had to go to bed. I was sleepy too and the stress we had that morning, didn’t help. I really wanted to see the Welcome Aboard show since, Dh and I were too tired to see it last time. I told her go ahad and go to sleep and I would wake her up. This was around 7pm. We went our separate ways and I decided to go and eat some dinner. I walked through Emile’s and noticed they had the exact same thing as the dining room had, so I grabbed a plate, went upstairs and ate in the same spot me and hubby ate on our September cruise. This made me miss him :(

Sweet & Sour Shrimp and my beloved caesar salad

11261580174_90bcec27b2_z.jpg

My dessert!

11261571416_e93a7f6acf_z.jpg

Black Forest Cake, Pineapple upside down and some stype of strawberry cake! I loved every last bite:D

After this, I watched some of the 70's dance class and Game Show Mania in the Venetian Palace.

11261579804_d0060c4759_z.jpg

I was desperately trying to stay awake. I decided I would sit on Lido for a bit with a cup of hot chocolate since it was quite chilly!

11261580064_8d3382b3c7_z.jpg

I decided to go to the room and lay down for about an hour and I slept until the next day lol. That concludes day one!

**Random day one thoughts**

I talked a lot in my previous review about cruise director Karl with a K and how great he was. This sailing we had Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman. He was really good too!

Our room was 7320 which is an inside room on the port side. I am a weirdo who always stay on the starboard side of the ship. I don't know why, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?!? Well,my mom booked this cruise and our room and since I was not on the side I am used too, I kept getting turned around lol.

The drink of the day was of course Fun Ship Special which is a strong drink as well. BUT if you get one off the trays the waiters are carrying, it will definitely be watered down. Do yourself a favor and go to the bar and get it. Trust me, it's better that way!

I was so, so, close to seeing the Welcome Aboard show, but oh so tired. I know it's the same old show every time, but I like it! Since we just did this ship in September, I'd already seen each of the shows, but I still went and enjoyed it just as much!

Okay enough rambling.....off to day 2....... A fun day at sea!

Cuted126, I think you love living on the edge and making us worry. OMG, I cannot believe this happened to you again. Thank God you made it, but please no more close calls, I think we were all scared for you and your mom!!

Okay, my finals are done (I'm done with my first year of college, GO ME!) and my tree is up so now I have time to dedicate to the review!!:D

Before I get into our first day at sea, here is a pic of Daisy

11261569996_b39632dd39.jpg

She looks like road kill to me:p

Anyhoo......

A glorious day at sea begins with breakfast of course 

11261696033_9ff42ddcfc.jpg

We decided that we would go to the comedy brunch to get our VIFP drinks. We were about to be sit with a couple, but every table they took us to, the lady would complain. So we decided that we would sit by ourselves instead.

Brunch took a long time. I don’t know why it was so slow. There were no shortage of bar waiters, so we got our drinks quickly.

11261696073_a2066e1061.jpg

While we were waiting, we heard a huge thump. When I turned around, I saw a girl drenched with water. One of the trays fell on her. I felt horrible for her. She kept saying she was okay, but the look on her face said otherwise.: mad: I was nervous every time we were in the dining room from that point on.

I cannot for the life of me remember what we had and apparently, I did not take pics. I do remember I tried the plain fat stack pancakes and they were good this time around!

Hot mama

11261696193_3b2ef0b2b4.jpg

Afterwards we found our way out to Lido and decided to park at the Blue Iguana Tequila bar and people watch for a bit. The Fun Ashore & Fun Aboard show was showing on the big screen. When we went on the Liberty back in September, I noticed that there were a LOT of speedos, that was also true for this cruise too. so people watching was very interesting. :eek:

We sat out at the bar top tables for awhile and had a pitcher of Margarita, which was well worth the price (24.99 +gratuities).

11261608475_0ed9492f36.jpg

I can drink with the best of them, and I have to tell you I had some extremely strong drinks on the Liberty!

We met a family from Virginia and talked with them for awhile. My mom noticed that the Mongolian Wok was open, so she went and got some. She came back with this.

11261639686_5d7aab6b97.jpg

Dang mom, didn't you just eat?!?

Then, someone sat down beside me with Key Lime Pie ::drool:: I had to get some!

11261607115_089ef44b12.jpg

And we followed this with another pitcher of Margarita! Definitely a fun day at sea!! Soon it was time for ice carving, which I was willing to bet it an Indian Chief (it was). Then it was time for the hairy chest contest and who pops up to be a judge………

My mom! This is her second time being a judge. She was a judge on our very first cruise as well. I think this brings her great joy. I have a few pictures :D The camera man was in the way to I had to get the pics from the big screen

11261639286_de93737a91.jpg

11261693303_75fc4b6c9c.jpg

11261638016_f1d8baaf5b.jpg

She enjoys every bit of this

11261692283_1a1bbf0dd3.jpg

After all of that Lido fun, we checked out the murder mystery and of course I had to join in for the hip hop dance class

11261644674_692d28ec43.jpg

11261636546_e7ce22107b.jpg

We spent some time on deck 3

11261689643_c91afd82aa.jpg

I see pretty blue water

11261636096_ca4b6f0816_z.jpg

We did a little more people watching before we got ready for elegant night and look who we saw

11261634256_b43010e191_z.jpg

I can't tell you guys how much I love the rainbow lights

11261688283_25f6fa4168_z.jpg

The show for tonight is Wonderful World and although I saw this same show in September, I enjoyed enough to want to see it again.

Elegant daughter

11396643605_567cbfd417_z.jpg

Elegant mother

11261600865_3e16effa2d_z.jpg

Dinner time:p

For starters, mom had the shrimp cocktail

11261600335_15b9251744.jpg

and I had my usual salad, so no pic of that. BUT here is a pic of me . Hey, did you guys know I was platinum:p

11261640484_616a925f39.jpg

Omg, I'll say it again. Way too stressful of a way to start a cruise. We have no choice BUT to fly in the day before since we live in Montana and one time we flew in 2 days just to see Ft. Lauderdale. You look lovely in that last picture.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Going on Liberty in March...which shows are not to miss? Congrats on getting through your first year of college.:D

Edited by 2 cruzen

Mom had the prime rib for her entrée

11261600295_3f75ff30a9_z.jpg

And I had spaghetti carbonara

11261632636_1308c876b2_z.jpg

For dessert, I had the banana gateau

11261686413_e980f2f212_z.jpg

My mother skipped dessert. We caught one of the comedians, Colin Moulton and then we called it a night.

Skittles

11261686193_e555fb6169.jpg

My heart is pounding!! You must have been beside yourselves :eek:
It was not good at all.

And? Since you said you have pictures I will assume you made it. :confused:

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Yes, we made it barely! I was pouring sweat when we boarded.

I'm totally stressed out reading this, let alone living through it! Can't wait to read the rest!
Stressful isn't even the word and the fact that this has happened to me twice in two months.

OMG!!! with the flight changes, Im glad your luggage made it!! waiting for the rest! did this same cruise this summer

The good thing is, I have learned how to stuff at least 20 outfits, accessories and tons of shoes into a carry on and a backpack. Thank God, because I am pretty sure our luggage would've ended up in Colorado or something lol

Cuted126, I think you love living on the edge and making us worry. OMG, I cannot believe this happened to you again. Thank God you made it, but please no more close calls, I think we were all scared for you and your mom!!
Oh boy, trust me I am adventurous, but not his adventurous lol. I was thinking, "WOW, wait til I write this one on cruise critic" while I was sitting in the airport. This will not happen in 2014! I can't take it anymore!

I would be ready to SCREAM if my mom were that late! But, like you, I love my mom and she was always easy to forgive. I'm really enjoying your review!
Listen to me when I say, I really wanted to scream at the top of my lungs!! lol Especially after all the grief she gave me about being on time! I was really annoyed at her! She is lucky i'm such a nice daughter:p

Hello!

Where are you cuted????

I'm sorry :( Just been a super busy lady, but I'm back for a bit:D

Thank you for the fabulous review. I am 70 and my blood pressure must have gone WAY UP reading what you all went thru. Come back soon as we all waiting anxiouly to read the rest. GREAT PICTURES!

Blood Pressure= through the roof! I have already decided a date for me and hubbys' next cruise and we are flying in that Friday. I just cannot go through the madness again! It was bad!