Carnival Xunantunich tour with walking trouble

just4steven

Hello,

I just booked the Xunantunich tour on Carnival for someone that really, really, really wants to see it. At times they have a little bit of leg/feet/walking problems. They are older and completely understand they will not be climbing any ruins, but again, they just really want to see them in person. How much walking is actually involved? I see some reviews where right after the river you have to walk and others that say you can get a ride after the river. They can walk some, that is not an issue, but several hours or miles would really be pushing it.

Thanks!

2 years ago, my 88 year old mother, and I went on this tour through Carnival, and it was fantastic. There was quite a bit of walking involved-but not hours, or miles of it. There were times when she would need to take a quick break to catch her breath, as it was a steep road to walk up, to get to the ruins. I do believe there was transportation available for those who wanted a ride to the ruins. These pyramids and the jungle setting were spectacular-I hope that the person you booked the tour for, gets to see them. From my experience with my mother, I would say, go for it. Others may have other recommendations, or opinions though, so you'll have to use your judgement.

We did this tour on our last cruise and loved it. Once the bus gets to the river crossing, you have to walk a very short distance to the ferry crossing, then off of it to vans waiting to take you to the actual site. Once there, they let us take a 15 minute break and obtain refreshments. From there, you walk up the road a couple hundred yards to the ruins. We walked at our own pace and had no problems. The walking around the site isn't bad at all. We thoroughly enjoyed this excursion.

Edited by ondebyou