"Must do's" on the Splendor?

Vitamin_Sea

about food for me . . .

get a double shrimp burrito at the burrito bar and tell Hery that Lisa said hi!!!

go to the steakhouse demo on first sea day . . . get there early for a seat

if you are not overly sensitive about adult subjects, go to the adult game show and quest night . . . the social team and Malcolm will make you laugh . . with audience participation.

about food for me . . .

get a double shrimp burrito at the burrito bar and tell Hery that Lisa said hi!!!

go to the steakhouse demo on first sea day . . . get there early for a seat

if you are not overly sensitive about adult subjects, go to the adult game show and quest night . . . the social team and Malcolm will make you laugh . . with audience participation.

That double shrimp burrito sounds nice:)

One of the lesser-known (and very cool) places to go on the SPLENDOR is the forward area just above and below the bridge. To get to the area BELOW the bridge, walk all the way forward on either decks six or seven...you'll see the door(s). To get to the area ABOVE the bridge, walk all the way forward on decks nine or ten. The observation area on deck nine allows you to actually stand on top of the bridge wings and look down both sides of the ship.

This area is fantastic for port arrivals and departures, and, on sunny days, photo opportunities abound. See my pic...

splenbridge.jpg.50b0f07d2be3cd118cd9a53588e84f26.jpg

One of the lesser-known (and very cool) places to go on the SPLENDOR is the forward area just above and below the bridge. To get to the area BELOW the bridge, walk all the way forward on either decks six or seven...you'll see the door(s). To get to the area ABOVE the bridge, walk all the way forward on decks nine or ten. The observation area on deck nine allows you to actually stand on top of the bridge wings and look down both sides of the ship.

This area is fantastic for port arrivals and departures, and, on sunny days, photo opportunities abound. See my pic...

Yes thats a cool photo. Would love to do that.

Agreed! I went out there several times and was always the only one out there. You can also get all the way forward on decks 6 and i believe 7.

There is so much to see when you are waiting to sail. We saw a submarine and all kinds of planes. NYC has a spectaular sailaway. It takes a long while (I think at least an hour) to get out of the harbor. There is so much to see on the way out--Freedom Tower on the left, skyscrapers galore, Ellis Island on the right, Statue of Liberty. You will also sail under the Verazzano Bridge. You will love it!

If you like to relax, a spa room is the way to go. DH and I went to the steam rooms and Thelassatherapy pool every morning and every night before bed. Loved it! We even did some reading in one of the heat rooms. Maybe you are not booked for a spa room, then I would suggest a day pass or week pass. you can book it when you embark.

Have a great time and a memorable vacation!

Hi :)

In regards to the outside forward decks on the Splendor, there are

four of them. They are located on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10. Deck 9 is top

of the bridge..

:)

Indeed...however, the bridge on deck eight impedes going from six and seven to nine and ten (or vice-versa) without having to go back inside, walking aft to the first stair tower, go up or down, and then walking forward again.

If you want to see a Comedy Show, you should get there early as there was a line for almost every show.

If anyone wants to buy those (Bella Perlina?) bracelets--GO EARLY, you would have thought it was black Friday on my ship.

When eating in the Lido you can always carry your tray up a flight of steps in eat in the Rotisserie. Always empty-plenty of tables. So we could always go in our own lines in the buffet, but we knew we would find each other up in the Rotisserie area at some point, with a table!

You can ask for a double shot in your drink. So your 8.95 drink becomes 13.XX and if its a fruity something adding a little free lemonade to that strong drink makes it last. (Same amount of alcohol for 13.XX instead of paying for 2)

I had a great cruise on the Splendor!!

There is so much to see when you are waiting to sail. We saw a submarine and all kinds of planes. NYC has a spectaular sailaway. It takes a long while (I think at least an hour) to get out of the harbor. There is so much to see on the way out--Freedom Tower on the left, skyscrapers galore, Ellis Island on the right, Statue of Liberty. You will also sail under the Verazzano Bridge. You will love it!

If you like to relax, a spa room is the way to go. DH and I went to the steam rooms and Thelassatherapy pool every morning and every night before bed. Loved it! We even did some reading in one of the heat rooms. Maybe you are not booked for a spa room, then I would suggest a day pass or week pass. you can book it when you embark.

Have a great time and a memorable vacation!

Thanks,,,We have sailed out of NYC a few times. Its a N0-Fly trip for us.

We love it to!