Beware drinks package booking Thomsons more than 2 persons

Split your booking otherwise Thomson refuse to let you do it later..

Thank you for contacting Thomson and Island Cruise.

Drinks packages can only be added for all or non of the party as per our booking terms and conditions. For future reservations we would suggest making 2 separate bookings which would ensure the 2 passengers wishing to have a drinks package could and not affect the 2 passengers that don’t.

Not very helpful customer service, anyone would think you were trying to pay less! Hmmmm future bookings? Rather presuming are we not?

Can't understand where Thomson's are coming from on this one. Each couple will have their own cards, one lot would include drinks and one lot wouldn't. If they are going down that road are they going to say only people with included drinks can sit together, in case you get devious and get drinks for your friends.

I can understand them restricting it if there are 4 people in one cabin, but if there are 2 separate cabins on a booking then they are being a bit anal about it.

If this is the case Jull8, I would take it further, speak to a supervisor you might be able to talk some sense into them.... if that doesn't work then take it higher.

I can understand them restricting it if there are 4 people in one cabin, but if there are 2 separate cabins on a booking then they are being a bit anal about it.

If this is the case Jull8, I would take it further, speak to a supervisor you might be able to talk some sense into them.... if that doesn't work then take it higher.

Don't understand why you think "taking it higher" will sort it out, it has ALWAYS been like this. Just because someone doesn't like the way something is done, taling it higher doesn't get it sorted if that is the way things are done, and for a reason.

Here's the quote from last years brochure when it was called All Inclusive:

All Inclusive Drinks Package

Here we’re talking about a drinks package that’s available on our cruises. You can book the

package when you’re aboard or before you travel. If you book before you travel you’ll get a

discount on the price. Every person on the booking must be included

Don't understand why you think "taking it higher" will sort it out, it has ALWAYS been like this. Just because someone doesn't like the way something is done, taling it higher doesn't get it sorted if that is the way things are done, and for a reason.

Here's the quote from last years brochure when it was called All Inclusive:

All Inclusive Drinks Package

Here we’re talking about a drinks package that’s available on our cruises. You can book the

package when you’re aboard or before you travel. If you book before you travel you’ll get a

discount on the price. Every person on the booking must be included

If you don't ask, you don't get.....

yep...I always book cabins seperately, we are 6 pax usually we have 2 (sometimes 3) cabins between us

that way i can upgrade myself & dw to premium cabin for the flight and leave grandma & kids in the back...if I want too;)

and if grandma wants the ai...she can pay for it:p

(actually....I have noticed that you can buy the ai once on board now.....dont know if the full party on booking rule still applies tho?)

You can buy the package on board, and that goes by cabin not by booking. You have to ship price which is about £20 more than full price online. If you are paying full price anyhow it would probably be the cheapest way if the other cabin didn't want to purchase it.

Thanks all for your views or advice. Yes it was for two separate cabins. Taking two elderly ladies who don't drink, or dine at same time as us due to preference in times. This was made clear to the company. Was annoyed at their unhelpful attitude and just making money. We were able to purchase the drinks package as soon as we joined the cruise in October. And to respond to it's always been this way.. Not everyone is a seasoned cruiser but getting there... Perhaps this should be more transparent by the companies.

Again thanks to all, keep up the advice.! :)

If you haven't booked the Drinks Package before you go you can buy it on board for about £20 more.

If you are doing a 2 weeks cruise and you buy the DP when you book I believe you have to pay for 2 weeks. But if you decide to buy on board.....can you buy a 1 week DP on a 2 week cruise. For example, after one week you may decide that you wished you had the DP, so when they are selling it to the new arrivals, can you buy a one week package? Mmmmm? They were very keen to sell the wine packages on Majesty.

If you haven't booked the Drinks Package before you go you can buy it on board for about £20 more.

If you are doing a 2 weeks cruise and you buy the DP when you book I believe you have to pay for 2 weeks. But if you decide to buy on board.....can you buy a 1 week DP on a 2 week cruise. For example, after one week you may decide that you wished you had the DP, so when they are selling it to the new arrivals, can you buy a one week package? Mmmmm? They were very keen to sell the wine packages on Majesty.

That's a good question and the answer is I don't know!!!! As me and hubby are big drinkers, we always have the package!!!