Camp Bay Beach questions

sparklingsoul

The road is not paved a lot of the way to Camp Bay. We tried to go there a couple of years ago and it rained so the driver declined. We went as far as Punta Gorda. There is a resort there, so not sure how they get their clients to it..The beach we saw on that side of Roatan is not as nice as west bay, but you definitely get away from people in that area. This photo is near Punta Gorda.

SANY1845.jpg

screen shot on pc

Indeed, as said above due to the road you may have to pre arrange a ride out to Camp Bay. It is possible, for the right price, Camp Bay Lodge would collect you, toss them an email to find out.

Camp Bay is on the same side of the island as West Bay but due to the way the island is shaped it is more exposed to direct north. It is a lovely long beach with few people around, the sand is not near as nice as west bay, nor is the snorkeling all that grand.

Another possibility on the end east is Paya Bay, they have two lovely beaches and very few people about, again the snorkeling is not great.

West Bay is the premiere beach on the island. The only other stretch of sand I know of that compares is completely deserted, one need go to Palmetto Bay then walk the shore line toward West Bay to find that bit of sand. It is called Marbella and was planned for condos and marina but something happen with the money, last time I was out there it was still pristine and not so much as a port a potty.

Edited by Guest 2000

Hello Guest, have you been to Turquoise Bay resort, and if so ,an opinion of it...We are doing Bodden in March, and have pretty much seen Roatan, and just want a quieter place by the water for some food and drink. Basically will just be using Bodden as a taxi. Thanks...

Indeed, as said above due to the road you may have to pre arrange a ride out to Camp Bay. It is possible, for the right price, Camp Bay Lodge would collect you, toss them an email to find out.

Camp Bay is on the same side of the island as West Bay but due to the way the island is shaped it is more exposed to direct north. It is a lovely long beach with few people around, the sand is not near as nice as west bay, nor is the snorkeling all that grand.

Another possibility on the end east is Paya Bay, they have two lovely beaches and very few people about, again the snorkeling is not great.

West Bay is the premiere beach on the island. The only other stretch of sand I know of that compares is completely deserted, one need go to Palmetto Bay then walk the shore line toward West Bay to find that bit of sand. It is called Marbella and was planned for condos and marina but something happen with the money, last time I was out there it was still pristine and not so much as a port a potty.

Hello Guest, have you been to Turquoise Bay resort, and if so ,an opinion of it...We are doing Bodden in March, and have pretty much seen Roatan, and just want a quieter place by the water for some food and drink. Basically will just be using Bodden as a taxi. Thanks...

Good Morning,

No, I have not been down the hill to Turquoise Bay.

Camp Bay beach is our favorite beach on Roatan- however- it is not easy to get to (especially in or just after the rainy season) and there really are no services available. Honduran law states that all beaches are public, but some of the nicest areas of Camp Bay are difficult to access because of fences between the road and beach. Lastly, the reef is much further out and there are more waves on that side of the island. If you get out there (and the drive can be an adventure in itself- but it has greatly improved from when we first started going) it can feel like a private slice of paradise as you may not see anyone else all day!

Camp Bay beach is our favorite beach on Roatan- however- it is not easy to get to (especially in or just after the rainy season) and there really are no services available. Honduran law states that all beaches are public, but some of the nicest areas of Camp Bay are difficult to access because of fences between the road and beach. Lastly, the reef is much further out and there are more waves on that side of the island. If you get out there (and the drive can be an adventure in itself- but it has greatly improved from when we first started going) it can feel like a private slice of paradise as you may not see anyone else all day!

I would not say there are NO services, both Camp Bay Lodge and La Sirena are on Camp Bay beach.

• 1 year later...

Anyone been to Camp bay beach recently? My friend who grew up in Roatan says that Camp Bay is her favorite. I was reading these posts and wondering if anyone has been to Camp Bay within in the last year and if the road is still bad? If you have been there recently could you please share your experience of your day there? Thanks!

Anyone been to Camp bay beach recently? My friend who grew up in Roatan says that Camp Bay is her favorite. I was reading these posts and wondering if anyone has been to Camp Bay within in the last year and if the road is still bad? If you have been there recently could you please share your experience of your day there? Thanks!

It may be worth while to ask on the Roatan Trip Advisor forum. That whole island tour thing people do when on holiday.