11:15 flight

BOOFER9

Last year on the Dream we did self asssist and we were leaving parking lot in our car at 7 am so if it all breaks right it is doable but does have a significant amount of riks.

I am at the Orlando airport now. Got here at 8:55am to massive lines and still

Made it through security in 20 minutes.

Lots of screeners working.

YMMV

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Agreed but if you cannot definitely self assist and take a cab to the airport.

A cab from Port Canaveral to MCO Orlando is pretty expensive. That's about 50 minutes to an hour ride depending on traffic. This fare estimator shows $128.72 one way.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando&from=Orlando+International+Airport+(MCO)&to=Port+Canaveral

Most people either book Carnival transfers or rent a car for the transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO airport in Orlando.

We rented a car from Tampa and drove to MCO. We had a late flight (3:45) so we were not rushed but I can attest to competing with everyone from the theme parks. We still had to check our bags (we were already checked-in via early bird on Southwest but still had to wait in a short line to check our bags) and then in the security line. I'd say it took about 45 altogether but I think you just have to ask if you want to worry about it the whole time.

p.s. - they didn't START disembarkation until after 9 AM so I was thankful for the late flight.

When I was on Dream, the debarkation process started at about 8:15 and then about 20 minutes later it stopped dead for half an hour due to some customs processing issue. They finally announced that they were starting again, but that it would take longer than usual.

And it did.

I didn't have self-assist, but I was hoping to be on my way a little earlier than 11 or 11:30 when I finally left.

There's no chance I would try to race to MCO (or in my case, it would have been Sanford Orlando had my flight been scheduled for that day) and try to get on a plane before noon. Weather, ship engine problems, wildfires (it happens) in central Florida causing traffic to slow down or stop, transportation problems to the airport...forget it. I would hate to spend a moment of my vacation worrying whether I would make a flight.

Edited by larkz

but buy insurance and be prepared to spend a day (or two) in Orlando if it doesn't work out.

I'm a Floridian, and wouldn't even THINK about an early flight out of MCO. It's a crapshoot in security. I've been through in 10 minutes, and other times it has taken almost 2 hours.

And it's 45 minutes from the port to the airport in the best of traffic conditions.

If you're going to try it, do a self-assist walk-off and have a pre-arranged shuttle waiting.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Wendy

To the OP. Sorry, but however this person got there so early is not the norm. Things must have gone perfectly that time. Bet it wouldn't happen again.

Sailed twice on Disney and arrived at the airport at 9:15 and 9:30, respectively. We had early seating breakfast, walked off, boarded their bus, and we're on our way. Saturdays on both occasions.

Like I said, I'd pick a flight closer to noon, which I did both times. Disney knows how to move people, as a PP said, and I was already checked in and Disney took care of the luggage. If I had to check luggage upon arrival to the airport, there no way I'd pick a flight that early.

Edited by jkrislc