Elegant nights during holidays

sofietucker

Okay so I searched (fairly) thoroughly in this forum and haven't found the info we need. First time on Carnival Dec. 22 (debarking Dec. 29) to Western Carib on Sunshine. On other cruise lines including Dec. 25, we found that unless a regular formal night fell on that night, no one dressed up unless they wanted to. They still have formal nights at other times, usually second night--Dec. 23rd-- & next to last night--Dec. 27th.

But I've seen the Carnival menu for Christmas Gala (indicating formal to me) and one person posted something about Dec. 25th being an elegant night... Can I get some verification from Carnival cruisers experienced with this? Main thing I want to know is if Dec. 25th is a bona fide elegant night and if so, that means we then have 3 elegant nights, or if that's the second/last one. Thanks!

I've been on a few Christmas cruises and Christmas has always been a formal night, but as far as whether it will be the first or second one I couldn't say. My guess is that it will be the first formal night but I don't know for certain.

We have done either Christmas or New Years or both for the past 6 years. In my experience what they have done is just swap the holiday to be formal night with what they normally would of done. So you still only have 2 formal nights. It sounds like they are doing that again with the menu for Christmas.